Anyone in Hull?

For pub meet-ups and the like.
Alkanet

Anyone in Hull?

Post by Alkanet »

Wondering if there are any like minded anti-mask/lockdown/vaccine people in Hull?

Jane G

Re: Anyone in Hull?

Post by Jane G »

There's a FB group called Wake Up Hull who are fervently anti. I joined but rarely read it now.

I'm about 15 miles away but lived in Hull until 5 years ago.

Alkanet

Post by Alkanet »

Thanks, I'll take a look but I've found FB and similar platform groups typically just online clubs for armchair warriors. I'm more interested in meeting up to chat with real people but it's a losing battle in Hull as the normally fiercely independent locals have fallen completely for the MSM line or so it seems.

Alkanet

Post by Alkanet »

Update: that group has already disbanded and morphed into something else that doesn't appeal as it's England and not UK focussed - thinking about it anything hosted on mainstream platforms is anyway surely a bit of a cop out? Hull Daily Mail (online version) articles with their pitchfork and blazing torches brigade responses continue to amuse! Unfortunately those few who oppose the manipulation of C19 seem to be doing so to antagonise the sheeple and woke types.

Jane G

Post by Jane G »

Happy to meet up for a chat somewhere; unfortunately I don't know too many others who are like-minded.
Beverley might be a mid-point and when last there I noticed plenty of outlets selling coffee for those who don't mind a chilly meeting with a friend. I'm not sure if that was 'allowed' at the time, as Boris magnanimously granted us this freedom with effect from March 8. (Personally I can't stand people who simply accept these diktats however grudgingly.)

Alkanet

Post by Alkanet »

Thanks much appreciated, but as a non driver (with no desire to run the gauntlet of public transport face nappy stalwarts) I don't get out of Hull so Beverley is currently an exotic holiday destination!