Any Sceptics on the Isle of Wight?

For pub meet-ups and the like.
nonewnormal21

Any Sceptics on the Isle of Wight?

Post by nonewnormal21 »

Any sceptics on the Isle of Wight? Bonus points to anyone with primary-aged kids.

The good news here is that there are still many people out and about of all ages and kids in the playgrounds / dog parks for ad-hoc conversation and play but looking for something more formal and recurring.

The more we drive towards mandatory vaccination, especially for children, the more likely this will become important to us.

(Mandatory disclaimer, I'm not anti-vax, my kids have all theirs, We've travelled extensively in Asia and Africa and have more than most. I'm just not keen on forced unproven gene therapy)

essjay

Re: Any Sceptics on the Isle of Wight?

Post by essjay »

Breath of fresh air to connect with you.
I live on the island and been scratching my head to work out how to connect with real thinkers over all this BS.
Rational thinking on the WHY and WHAT of the Convid vaccine badly needed imo. Very saddened that several friends and family have already had it (NHS medics/older people etc). Trying with compassion to educate friends -( got my mother on board thank god-she s in her 80 s and savvy) However the main problem is their all but total trust in medical authority and complete lack of research done by people into WHAT kind of treatment this is!! So I have been thinking about how to put leaflets /stickers out and about as per the advocacy for vaccine truth that goes on in US against childhood vaccines. Harder during lockdown-places closed- and I wont wear a mask tillgive provide peer reviewed hard evidence on their efficacy. Incensed on news of proposed TRIAL of 300 chn....we HAVE to say NO!!!

nonewnormal21

Post by nonewnormal21 »

essjay wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:05 am Breath of fresh air to connect with you.
I live on the island and been scratching my head to work out how to connect with real thinkers over all this BS.
Rational thinking on the WHY and WHAT of the Convid vaccine badly needed imo. Very saddened that several friends and family have already had it (NHS medics/older people etc). Trying with compassion to educate friends -( got my mother on board thank god-she s in her 80 s and savvy) However the main problem is their all but total trust in medical authority and complete lack of research done by people into WHAT kind of treatment this is!! So I have been thinking about how to put leaflets /stickers out and about as per the advocacy for vaccine truth that goes on in US against childhood vaccines. Harder during lockdown-places closed- and I wont wear a mask tillgive provide peer reviewed hard evidence on their efficacy. Incensed on news of proposed TRIAL of 300 chn....we HAVE to say NO!!!
I've been thinking of the same thing (sticker advocacy, delivering flyers) and just trying to get the word out. Was lovely to see so many people out on the beach and in the forest in the wet and windy weather who must have just randomly "bumped into" each other. We are lucky to live where we do, and there are obviously like-minded people here. We just need to find them and get together.

I've experienced the same frustration with my own friends who are scientifically educated and haven't even asked basic questions about excess death in 2020 compared to other years, and the actual risk of COVID compared to other risks such as driving a car (most adults) or getting hit by lightning (children). Forget about having a rational discussion about the potential risks of a new type of gene therapy.

I'll give you a PM with my email details.

bovo

Post by bovo »

Hi, I’m a 61 year old woman called Rachel. Glad to see 2 sceptics on the IW! I live in Newport and know people who are sceptical in Shanklin and Ventnor. It would be wonderful to come up with enough people to be able to have some sort of Island network with a full range of age groups and covering different areas. A core of people would encourage others to link up. There are plenty of people like my 90 year old neighbour who thinks it’s all nonsense but goes along with everything. Less who are prepared to take any action and may not wear a mask for instance. I’d love to hear from you!