anybody from italy?

For pub meet-ups and the like.
genericHuman

anybody from italy?

Post by genericHuman »

i'm a 21yo student in milano and barely got to know anybody at uni due to the bullshit that befell the world.

i'd love to meet other likeminded people, unmuzzled if possible, to chat and take a stroll with.
my relational skills are definitely dulled out, but i'll try my best and i can be a good listener (i think, it's been so long).

i'm also at times near lago maggiore and venice.

more generically, if you live in italy and need somebody to talk to and/or work on some divulgative/fun-and-unrelated-to-the-madness project, that's awesome too!

and just for the record:
i'm not into big conspiracies, but the simplest and most fitting explanation i see is one of fraud, dishonesty, greed, lies and abuse of power.
science per se is great, it's just that humans tend to suck.

Jonathan Smith

Re: anybody from italy?

Post by Jonathan Smith »

Hello Generic Human -

I'm British and at the moment I'm stuck in the UK although officially I'm an Italian resident. I'm down in Arezzo Province (Tuscany) though, which is rather a long way from Milan or Venice. I do have friends in Varedo -,and in normal times go there annually.

Hoping to be back in Tuscany by May so I thought I would touch base with you and keep this thread alive and hopefully other Italian residents might come out of the woodwork. Are there any similarly sceptical resources in Italy?

Stay sceptical. Ciao for now. ~ Jonathan

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Hello genetic human.
It was just to say hi. Sadly I have no idea when I might even see italy again. I have spent many happy years travelling to calabria and loved it. I hope one day to be able to visit again and have stayed in Milan ..naples and a few other places. I never made it to venice which has been on my list. Who knows but I hope you do find someone.
I would still love to hear news from Italy anyway..
:D

genericHuman

Post by genericHuman »

miahoneybee wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:19 pm It was just to say hi. Sadly I have no idea when I might even see italy again. I have spent many happy years travelling to calabria and loved it. I hope one day to be able to visit again and have stayed in Milan ..naples and a few other places. I never made it to venice which has been on my list. Who knows but I hope you do find someone.
I would still love to hear news from Italy anyway..
thanks for the support mia! i hope you'll soon be allowed to travel again.
let me know when you'll go to venice, i might manage to find you some cheap rooms and show you around a bit, assuming the mose holds and the city doesn't drown ;)

as for news, i can't think of anything that doesn't smell of rotten eggs or fascism at the moment, but i'll see if something nice happens.
Jonathan Smith wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:24 pm Hoping to be back in Tuscany by May so I thought I would touch base with you and keep this thread alive and hopefully other Italian residents might come out of the woodwork. Are there any similarly sceptical resources in Italy?
thanks jonathan, very kind of you!

i sadly do not know of any italian initiative promoting liberty, or even just providing actual untarnished data/news.
a month ago or so, there was a small movement of restaurants (forced to deliver at dinner instead of serving since months, which is better than being shut altogether, but still utter madness) who wanted to keep open on one evening.
it never got much momentum, and be it because of people scared by this utterly deadly plague, or by the prospect of being fined, nothing came of it.

i keep hearing bits and pieces of news from the center/south, about things working slightly more normally, but the media actively censors or avoids covering dissenting voices.

for instance, a hospital in mantova, many months back, had quite successfully implemented convalescent plasma transfusion, a cure to covid that actually has clear data showing it's efficacy and no side effects other than those of a typical transfusion.
it's nothing new, from what i gather, it's basically a blood transfusion taken from patients who had had covid.
After receiving convalescent plasma transfusion, almost all the patients showed improvements of symptoms including their body temperature normalized, varying degrees of absorption of lung lesions, ARDS resolved, weaned from ventilation within 1 day to maximum of 35 days post transfusion
(https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epd ... /jmv.25961, you can easily find more literature on this)
eu documents can be also found which endorse the practice and suggest to widen its use to confirm its efficacy and define more precisely the most optimal usage conditions.
and what did the italian media do?
publicly ridicule the mantovan doctors, of course, then do their best to "fact check" the news repeating ad nauseam how this alledged cure wouldn't solve anything anyway, and how we'd need to "hold on" and wait for the holy vaccines!
one of the most prominent dolts– ahem doctors on tv (you know, one of those who get invited to every bloody program, and treated as an absolute authority) said something along the lines of "that's unacceptable, we need synthesized plasma" :shock: made me laugh out loud, then cry.

got a bit carried away there, dammit!

Jonathan Smith

Post by Jonathan Smith »

Generic Human ~

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you could establish a website that's a focus for Italian Sceptics? If not something so "in the limelight", what about submitting something to this site under the "postcards from..." theme. It would interest many of us and your English is perfect, right down to the idiomatic stuff.

Miahoneybee - You must make it to Venice. It's like nowhere on earth. Also in the same area Padova, Verona and Chioggia are worth a visit... and if you can make a complete holiday of it spend some time at Lake Garda.

genericHuman

Post by genericHuman »

Jonathan Smith wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you could establish a website that's a focus for Italian Sceptics? If not something so "in the limelight", what about submitting something to this site under the "postcards from..." theme. It would interest many of us
that is a very interesting idea, and thanks for the praise, i try my best.

setting up a website similar to this one would require more expertise, connections and energy than i myself possess at present. i must admit that the idea did come to me a few times, and that's actually part of why i wrote this post here — some italian sceptic might find it and want share the burden of such a project, or at least want to discuss it from an "insider's" perspective.

i'll see if i can put together a postcard that isn't just a dull rant! i can't promise anything though, i have an irresistible tendency towards annoying turgidity, which is just oh so hard to fight :lol: :lol:

by the way, and i checked again, the only possibly serious italian resource like this that i could find is an extremely small facebook page. i don't use facebook, but i will take a better look at it and see if it could be feasible to get in touch with the curator and see if something comes out of it!