Anyone from Leicester or Leicestershire

For pub meet-ups and the like.
RichardTechnik

Re: Anyone from Leicester or Leicestershire

Post by RichardTechnik »

Eug wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 am I'm new on here, at the risk of sounding dumb I can't send a private message :? It just stays in the outbox.
I think thats because the person you pm'd hasn't opened it. perhaps you could post a " you've got a PM " public post

jwills

Post by jwills »

Eug wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm Yes the great reopening was not so great. I don't know what it will take for businesses to say enough is enough.
I tweeted them saying what a joke you've got a plasterer on the business directory! I bump into them day in day out what's reopening about that!?

bit _better

Post by bit _better »

Melton Mowbray - zombie land at the best of times, now practically comatose. F*****g sick of the whole s**t show. If I have to see that c*nt Johnson and his gang of tw*ats spewing out their baseless vomit one more time, I will be ill.

Eug

Post by Eug »

midlandsagainstlockdown wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:54 pm
Eug wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm Yes the great reopening was not so great. I don't know what it will take for businesses to say enough is enough.
Better weather! But in all seriousness if it were my business I would try to choose a day where there are likely to be more people out and about than last Saturday. Perhaps there could be a gradual re-opening of more business with a Great Reopening Date as a backstop set for the lockdown anniversary on 23rd March.

If however any re-open with Test & Trace that will only increase the number of 'cases' which will lead back to a tighter lockdown, so they would be better off not bothering and just calling it a day. I still think that the most sensible independent retailers are the ones who did just that on 23rd March last year.
I agree about the test and trace. If it's a 'covid secure' reopening I wouldn't want to support it anyway. I just want to be able to go out without feeling like a walking biohazard.

alisonfletch

Post by alisonfletch »

bit _better wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:58 pm Melton Mowbray - zombie land at the best of times, now practically comatose. F*****g sick of the whole s**t show. If I have to see that c*nt Johnson and his gang of tw*ats spewing out their baseless vomit one more time, I will be ill.
I am late to this party, but I moved to Melton Mowbray, with my husband, in Sept. 2020 and understand the zombie land comment! Don't know what it was like before, but it is like a ghost town now. And we were so looking forward to going out to the pubs and restaurants!

alisonfletch

Post by alisonfletch »

bit _better wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:58 pm Melton Mowbray - zombie land at the best of times, now practically comatose. F*****g sick of the whole s**t show. If I have to see that c*nt Johnson and his gang of tw*ats spewing out their baseless vomit one more time, I will be ill.
In Melton Mowbray too so know how you feel!

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Hi and welcome to the party.
I am in Leicester so not a million miles away.
Stay strong l am beginning to believe this S show as you correctly identified is about to collapse around their ears.

inmyopinion123

Post by inmyopinion123 »

I’m in my late 20’s and live in Melton. Worked throughout as has my husband in public facing roles and starting to loose my mind! Glad I’m not the only one

BTLnewbie

Post by BTLnewbie »

cloudslicer wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 pm Hello fellow sceptics.
I'm living in Loughborough. Anyone else nearby?
Hi Yes we're just outside Loughborough - shopping in the market there most Saturdays to avoid the supermarkets. Want to meet for a chat?

jwills

Post by jwills »

Going to stand in the park Sunday at Viccy park. 10am. Not forgetting clocks change. Cheers