Anyone from Leicester or Leicestershire

For pub meet-ups and the like.
blackisle

Re: Anyone from Leicester or Leicestershire

Post by blackisle »

Hi Gemma
I live just outside Melton Mowbray and I have a like minded friend who also lives there. I don’t know what I’d have done if I hadn’t met her, so know how important it is to get together with like minded people when so many appear to be totally brainwashed. So we’d be happy to get together if possible anytime.
Chris x

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Hi am in the City centre and happy to meet up with other members of the Resistance, in order to keep my sanity.

Eug

Post by Eug »

Hi All
I'm in Newport, Shropshire but I'd welcome a drive to meet up with like-minded people. I'm surrounded by brainwashed sheep.
Eugene

topturkey

Post by topturkey »

Sure, DM me.
Similarly fairly new to the Leicestershire area (well 3yrs), happy to meet up. very private space away from prying eyes! I used to think there were more sheep than people round where i live , now i'm not sure which is which!

Eug

Post by Eug »

I'm new on here, at the risk of sounding dumb I can't send a private message :? It just stays in the outbox.

Max

Post by Max »

Hi Eug, I was also initially confused by this but if it's still in your outbox all it means is it hasn't been read yet, as soon as it has it will disappear.

jwills

Post by jwills »

Late to the party (thread) but im from the shire. Anytime there's a march or anything on please let me know.
Was very disappointed with "the great reopening"

midlandsagainstlockdown

Post by midlandsagainstlockdown »

I'm next door as it were in Warwickshire, but I'd like to hear more about what's going on in Leicestershire.

https://midlandsagainstlockdown.wordpress.com/

Eug

Post by Eug »

Yes the great reopening was not so great. I don't know what it will take for businesses to say enough is enough.

midlandsagainstlockdown

Post by midlandsagainstlockdown »

Eug wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm Yes the great reopening was not so great. I don't know what it will take for businesses to say enough is enough.
Better weather! But in all seriousness if it were my business I would try to choose a day where there are likely to be more people out and about than last Saturday. Perhaps there could be a gradual re-opening of more business with a Great Reopening Date as a backstop set for the lockdown anniversary on 23rd March.

If however any re-open with Test & Trace that will only increase the number of 'cases' which will lead back to a tighter lockdown, so they would be better off not bothering and just calling it a day. I still think that the most sensible independent retailers are the ones who did just that on 23rd March last year.