Any Americans here?

For pub meet-ups and the like.
Liberty123

Any Americans here?

Post by Liberty123 »

This site is God sent! I would love to meet some sane folks from the US to keep me sane. In the Chicagoland area...anyone!? Anyone?!

GregL

Re: Any Americans here?

Post by GregL »

Yep, it's a great site with lots of resources. There are several anti-lockdown/anti-mask sites that I know of in the U.S. but I don't know of any comparable to this one.

From northern Florida rather than Chicago, but at least I'm in the same country.

String

Post by String »

Brit here - though I do appreciate your country! have friends Stateside, one east coast, one in California, so am keeping up with goings on.

Godbroken

Post by Godbroken »

Seattle here!

BobKoch

Post by BobKoch »

Hollywood/Studio City here...

SaddlenSword

Post by SaddlenSword »

North Carolina here! Glad to know there are more folks who know that the virus has no clothes!

manav95

Post by manav95 »

I'm from the Los Angeles area and I am about ready to initiate a class action lawsuit against the nonsense and insanity. I see no other path but a direct legal offensive at the heart of all this.

jmc

Post by jmc »

> I'm from the Los Angeles area and I am about ready to initiate a class action lawsuit against the nonsense and insanity. I see no other path but a direct legal offensive at the heart of all this.

Which city or county are you in? Depending on where you are filing a civil grand jury complaint against the local city / county government and especial senior health officials might get more traction. Or at least more response in shorter time frame. California has a very strong civil grand jury case law tradition unlike most states so depending exactly where you live and are registered to vote that might be the best initial line of attack. Some cities / counties are much more responsive than others.

The local print media are useless, all J-school drones by this stage, but the big market TV stations still have real reporters working for them. So if presented and packaged in the right way they will run with the story.

The best civil litigation approach might be to try to strip Qualified Immunity from some of the key player at the city level, like the idiot sociologist in charge of the LA City Health Dept, and then go after them with civil damages suits. The way to go about this is might be to provide them in a public manner with all the counter evidence showing that their actions are not based on any defensible data or science and when they fail to respond , which they undoubtedly will, then you have a firm basis to move forward with litigation with some chance of it not being dismissed by summary judgment at the initial stages. So might need a two stage litigation approach for best chance of getting real traction.

I am not a lawyer but I have spend quite a bit of time over the years chewing up and spitting out a whole bunch of very expensive lawyers. Mostly corporate and i.p. Turns out you dont have to do much that much legal research or do much beyond basic prep to eviscerate these people. Just know how the game is played, which is all it is, and play to win. And wining is the other guy just folding at the first possible opportunity. So always give them a line of retreat. And no line of attack.

manav95

Post by manav95 »

Im in the city of Los Angeles, under the rule of a tyrannical health officer who has failed to stop the spread.

jmc

Post by jmc »

manav95 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:19 pm Im in the city of Los Angeles, under the rule of a tyrannical health officer who has failed to stop the spread.
I know exactly who you are talking about. The idiot "health justice" sociologist. She is a total moron. So the most dangerous sort of person when given any real power. I've watched some of her pathetic ramblings on the TV news. At least the guy in San Francisco actually has a medical degree. Even though he is just another HIV "research" hustler. Still caused a catastrophic lock-down though. About one quarter of the local retail business gone. For good.

Given the reign of error under Garcetti and his very unsavory "associates" not sure how far a civil suit might get you. Not harm trying. I'd look for the kickbacks angle. Exactly which companies emergency contracts were issued to by the city. There is always a story there. And pretty easy to find if you pay much attention to local political stories and scandals. They are always the same. Always the same pattern of corruption.

That might give you real leverage when it came to getting publicity. Which is vital in these cases. In the old days KABC and KNBC had at least one or two real reporters in their newsrooms who would take seriously stories like an anti-lockdown lawsuit (and even KNX had some good people) but based on current stories they are running it will be an uphill battle. But worth trying anyway. There is at least one station in both SF and Seattle that would probably run antilockdown lawsuit stories if presented in the right way (KTVU / KOMO). So for a California wide story KTVU might bite.

I am not familiar with the recent history of the civil grand jury in Los Angeles city and county. Their recent reports should be easy to find online and will quickly give a very good idea of just how effective they are. The one in San Francisco is surprising good and has a good track record of causing deep and enduring embarrassment to City Hall. And with bureaucrats being what they are this is usually enough to make them back off. At least for a while. Which is what we need at the moment. Even the hint that someone might start asking awkward questions that might get them sued (or fired) is often very effective at stopping them doing stupid more stuff.