Any Americans here?

For pub meet-ups and the like.
Alwyn18

Re: Any Americans here?

Post by Alwyn18 »

Yes this site has helped me for months now. I live in New York City. maybe things are starting to move, there was a mask burning yesterday and Cuomo was sued by the religious authorities and has lost but he is hell bent on the destruction of the City as is our Mayor I feel pretty helpless. I am an artist and since this destruction started and I realized it was the democratic party that has done this damage I have become a staunch Republican. I think any sort of case launched against the local government if one has knowledge and a certain amount of power is well worth it. Anything at all to bring down these maniacs or twist a thorn in their side. The funny thing about this mask burning was that someone tried to stamp out the mask fire and all the masks stuck to his feet. That just shows how toxic these things are and we are asked to breath in this garbage.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

That is really good news and has lifted my spirits.
😁👏👏👍👍👍

California inmate

Post by California inmate »

Me! Central Coast of California but not for too much longer as my husband’s job is going away thanks to the lockdown and the policies of this nutty state.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the blogs, Twitter feeds and podcasts coming from our British cousins. It is great to see some sanity left in the world.

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

Alwyn18 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 pm Yes this site has helped me for months now. I live in New York City. maybe things are starting to move, there was a mask burning yesterday and Cuomo was sued by the religious authorities and has lost but he is hell bent on the destruction of the City as is our Mayor I feel pretty helpless. I am an artist and since this destruction started and I realized it was the democratic party that has done this damage I have become a staunch Republican. I think any sort of case launched against the local government if one has knowledge and a certain amount of power is well worth it. Anything at all to bring down these maniacs or twist a thorn in their side. The funny thing about this mask burning was that someone tried to stamp out the mask fire and all the masks stuck to his feet. That just shows how toxic these things are and we are asked to breath in this garbage.
Mask burning? Really? Great!
Are you please able to provide photos or a link to a story about this?!?!

Thetruthhurts

Post by Thetruthhurts »

BobKoch wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:45 pm Hollywood/Studio City here...
:D Omg, not just in America, but literally my neighbor..

North Hollywood/Studio City.

Wanna grab coffee or something ?

38M (married) Just looking for conversations and human interaction with fellow critical thinkers.

Vermonter

Post by Vermonter »

I'm in central Vermont; moved here from California in 2009 (just in time!). I'm glad to be here instead of my former home state, but even Vermont isn't immune to the insanity. We have far fewer supposed Covid-19 deaths per capita than most other states, but the state government (with a Republican governor) is still imposing crazy regulations that are destroying small business and social lives. Vermonters are pretty independent and thrive on small businesses, so these regulations are a disaster. And our social lives (music is a big one for me as an amateur classical pianist) are being wrecked at the same time.

We were told by our state government to stay home for Thanksgiving, so in defiance of that order I spent a lovely evening with four of my skeptic friends.

I used to consider myself somewhere to the left of Bernie Sanders, politically speaking. Now I'm not sure any more. I seem to have a lot in common with the libertarian right, and have come to reject the two-party and left-right illusions, which seem to be designed to divide us instead of uniting us.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here on this forum. I haven't found anything like this in the good ol' USA. I've been diving into the CDC mortality data lately and will post something on the stats forum soon about this.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Thanks for your post vermonter.
:D

sam club

Post by sam club »

east coast here!

shipwreckedat6500

Post by shipwreckedat6500 »

hello fellow americans! nice to see us here, in the eye of the storm.

i'm near lake tahoe, california and have about reached the edge of my isolation limits. if you read my bio, you'll understand better what i mean by that. then again, you probably don't need much of an explanation.

if anyone finds themselves up this way, i'd love to have an unmasked face-to-face conversation. heck, i'd drive a few hours for one.

i'm very relieved to have found this forum. may god bless each and everyone of you, for your courage and faith, declared or not.

ps anyone here good at business? i have a keto/carnivore survival food product that's pretty much ready to launch, but i've been spinning my wheels and could do with some creative partnership. frankly, been too blue to 'just do it.'

jmc

Post by jmc »

shipwreckedat6500 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:57 am hello fellow americans! nice to see us here, in the eye of the storm.

i'm near lake tahoe, california and have about reached the edge of my isolation limits. if you read my bio, you'll understand better what i mean by that. then again, you probably don't need much of an explanation.

if anyone finds themselves up this way, i'd love to have an unmasked face-to-face conversation. heck, i'd drive a few hours for one.

i'm very relieved to have found this forum. may god bless each and everyone of you, for your courage and faith, declared or not.

ps anyone here good at business? i have a keto/carnivore survival food product that's pretty much ready to launch, but i've been spinning my wheels and could do with some creative partnership. frankly, been too blue to 'just do it.'
Which part of Tahoe? I know the South Lake Tahoe area really well. Spent many happy weekends at a friends cabin on Echo Lake over the years. Currently stuck the other side of the Pond at the moment but should be back in my current West Coast base, the Bay Area, pretty soon. Just a matter of logistics. The other options are the Pacific NorthWest and SoCal. SoCal does look warmer..

Talking to friends everyone but the usually clueless are really pissed off at the Governor and Mayor by this stage. The Recall is getting traction, seems to have the big money behind it at last. And the people who got Grey Davis thrown out in 2003 are now on the Recall team. So looking pretty good. Newsom looked really rattled yesterday and as he is not the brightest guy or quick on the uptake that means something.

Newsom is another non-entity just like Davis, only in the job because the big party interests knew he would do what he was told. Given the way the Recall works I think Newsom is toast unless the party machine decides other wise. But I dont get that vibe yet.

How are you enjoying the company of your new neighbors - all the Bay Area refugees? From what I hear the locals in the Basin are really not very happy about all the incomers. Usually one good Sierra winter is enough to make the newcomers reconsider the move. I've been in Truckee on a cold day in February. Would even make people from Buffalo or Duluth think twice about staying around for the rest of the winter. Bitter cold plus 6,000 feet altitude..