Seeking Social Anti-Lockdown Chums

Antifragilewannabe

Seeking Social Anti-Lockdown Chums

Post by Antifragilewannabe »

Fairly new to SE England, my wife and I are looking for like-minded people to become our non-socially distant, real-life, non-virtual friends. We live a few miles south of Reading, near Wokingham, and are fully red-pilled. I've been screaming against lockdown well before March 23. We've been helping Simon Dolan and Francis Hoar every way we can. I can assure you that I have yet to put a nappy on my face. We used to ice skate, a lot, but thanks to the lockdown (as you know, not the virus) our local rink has gone bust and has closed for good, so we are at a loose end. We love cooking and drinking English wine and good conversation; we just built a new deck at the back of the house for entertaining. No muzzles or hand sanitizer needed. Give me a ping.

Cyprusgrump

Re: Seeking Social Anti-Lockdown Chums

Post by Cyprusgrump »

Hi,

Also from the SE (lived in Maidenhead, ran a business in Lower Earley) but now living in Cyprus (since 2002).

Would be fun to meet up virtually (or physically at some point) and discuss the differences between the two.

M

Antifragilewannabe

Post by Antifragilewannabe »

Great to hear from you. We lived in northern Greece for three years - a truly liberating time in our lives. Normally Greeks outright ignore silly laws and rules. Are Cypriots wearing masks?

Cyprusgrump

Post by Cyprusgrump »

Generally speaking the Cypriots are more laid back than the British expats...

However, they brought a law in recently which makes mask wearing compulsory (€300 fine) in shops, etc. so yes, everybody is wearing them...

It is soooo depressing, there are virtually no cases here but I fear we are heading back to Lockdown #2 in the near future... :(

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Seeking the same... I'm currently the other side of London (Rochester area). London is easy enough for me though.