lockdownsceptics morphing into anti-vaxers

swinchard

lockdownsceptics morphing into anti-vaxers

Post by swinchard »

I see that lockdownsceptics are morphing into anti-vaxers. That is a total disaster. A rise up by bigots and cretins, the total opposite of what lockdownsceptics should stand for.

Marta

Re: lockdownsceptics morphing into anti-vaxers

Post by Marta »

Dim and uninformed but very vocal and insulting.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

I dont agree. I think for me anyway it's looking at the bigger picture and being aware and awake about it all. I think it's a good thing to be alert but it doesn't necessarily take my focus away from the main task in hand. .
:D

MikeAustin

Post by MikeAustin »

swinchard wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:23 pm I see that lockdownsceptics are morphing into anti-vaxers. That is a total disaster. A rise up by bigots and cretins, the total opposite of what lockdownsceptics should stand for.
I am not anti vax myself (I hoover my own carpets), but I have never had flu and I have never had a flu jab. I don't intend to start now at 68.

The big issue with covid vaccinations is that they are not going to be properly licensed. The licensing authority will rely on manufacturers to test the vaccines - and they will be protected from liability by law:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... d-immunity

There is an overlap with lockdown here. Part of government policy appears to create a dependency on a vaccine to unlock the population. And there is reason for concern that this may become mandatory.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Good point.
The minute a side starts accepting a few outlandish conspiracy theories and so on, the easier it is to trash all of its claims by everyone.

You lose the moral high ground once you start abandoning obvious, clear facts and will never win the debate.

AfterAll

Post by AfterAll »

People are going to come here with all sorts of mistaken ideas. If the response is to insult/ridicule/censor them then it can come across like you don't have an argument or you're trying to cover something up. The thing to do is to explain why the particular thing they said was wrong. Most people here are looking for answers and are willing to learn.

Illimitible

Post by Illimitible »

It’s binary stupidity and an attempt to manipulate to label anyone who is anti THIS vaccine as an anti vaxxer.

Yes, I am against THIS rushed through “vaccine” for a lot of reasons including but not limited to the fact that the drug companies have been absolved of any liability arising from it being a disaster.

If you discuss it in that context you have to question the sanity of anyone wanting to take it.

That’s why we have to have a blanket statement applied to us that makes us look “stupid” so that the narrative can be controlled and the sheeple herded into the pen.

swinchard

Post by swinchard »

Marta wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:21 am Dim and uninformed but very vocal and insulting.
Good work. that sums up anti-vaxers perfectly.

jmc

Post by jmc »

Actually most of the vaccine related stuff posted here has not been "anti-vaxer" but just pointing out the complete failure of all previous human corona-virus vaccines (for very good scientific reasons) that is documented in the published scientific literature. All the previous SARs Cov1 and MERS vaccines had a low efficacy rate and high side effect rates. I also posted a link to the history of the last "vaccine panic". The US flu epidemic in 1976. It was a public health disaster providing zero measurable protection and left thousands of people with very serious long term health problems. Killed quite a few.

I am about as far from an "anti-vaxer" as you can get. Not only were my kids vaccinated but I am a full supporter of mandatory vaccination of all kids (without exceptionally good medical reasons) before they are allowed in schools etc. But I have read the literature, I am very familiar with the science, and the done the maths and any plausible SARs CoV 2 vaccine in the next TEN years will be very high risk with low / no public health benefit.

This is an infection that is no more dangerous than other corona-viruses. This is an infection that only poses serious health risk to those who are old and sick. Just like Influenza and the other corona-viruses. Vaccines only really work for people who already have a robust immune system. The list of the people who are supposes to get this vaccine first are those who are old and sick. People for which any vaccine will provide little or no benefit but who will have a much higher risk of side effects than younger healthier people.

This vaccine if introduced now will have zero effect on the final excess mortality rate from SARs CoV2 but WILL directly lead to the premature deaths of very large numbers of people from the known and well documented side effects of these types of vaccines.

The only reason for this vaccine at t his time is political. Vaccines are normally trialed for up to a decade before introduced. No other reason. The politicians have created a catastrophic situation and they see vaccines as a the only way of getting out of the mess they have created without taking blame for what they have done. This is no plausible public health reason for this vaccine give the actual clinical data.

Based on what I have read in the published scientific literature I will never accept any kind of SARs CoV 2 vaccine. I will file the necessary lawsuit if they try to make it mandatory in any way.

If you want to talk the psychology of "anti-vaxers" I'd be glad to. It is almost always a sad story. Either mental illness or more usually a family tragedy with a child. A dear friend became one. So logic and reason will never prevail with these people.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

If you choose to have a vaccine then that's your choice. It's the mandatory bit I have beef with.
We have all seen the papers. In so many words if there is not enough voluntary uptake then we will have to look at other means.
That's the scary bit for me. Being able to exercise our basic human rights is being taken from us more and more.
:roll: