Had their brains knocked out by them.

Clothed with contempt, armed with fright,
Hid in shadows as the night,
Like Cummings, next, Hypocrisy
And bare disgust for thee and me.

And many more Destructions played
In this ghastly masquerade,
All disguised, even to the eyes,
Like MP's, News-Hounds, Professors and Lies.

Last came Anarchy: he rode
On a bent bike, splashed with blood;
He was pale even to the lips,
Like Boris in the Apocalypse.

And he wore a Charlatans skin;
His Medicine-show seeped in sin;
On a circus poster I saw -
'I AM GOD, I'M KING, I'M LAW!'

Helter-Skelter, with reckless pace,
He trampled every English place,
Stomping to a mire of blood,
Everybody, where they stood.

A righteous troop gathered around,
Pious frenzy shook the ground,
Each eager in their special way,
To kick and punch, to join the fray.

They've stripped the nation to the bone,
Killed your friends, destroyed your home,
With a belly-full of intoxication
From the wine of desolation.

Look them in the face and say,
I know your creed, I know your ways,
I smell a sour orthodox pride,
Virtue is no place to hide.

Shameless grubbing in the mud,
For poll approval, has led to blood.
Smashed the Fayre to smithereens
Shredded our comforts, crushed our dreams.

Like Pigs in muck you root around,
For what's the word on the ground,
Scheme and plot to get ahead,
With 30 thousand Lockdown dead.

Mavis

Re: The Mask of Anarchy

Post by Mavis »

Regarding masks, I sent an email to the LS site but as it is gmail, it may not get through. My browser/search engine combo does not like it and I never get any gmail in. Whether it gets out...?
So I am putting it here.

"The extension of mask rules by stealth.

FYI.

The local college wants students in to do an exam.

They will sit a two-hour exam in a face mask on Monday.

To think surely requires an unrestricted flow of oxygen to the brain?

If they do not do this exam, they will not pass the course as I understand it.
They are advised to get into college -carrying "something" (like what?)
to explain to the police why several students are getting a lift,
with another friend, in their car, in case they are stopped on their way to said exam.

This possibility will no doubt help them concentrate wonderfully.

We have no choice but to comply.

So, whatever the government may be doing, the college is going one better.
The next step in 'We won't make X mandatory' will be to sit back, let others do it for them,
then tidy it up with legislation later - reluctantly, sadly, blah, blah.

Regards,

Mavis"

My initial reaction was to say, 'get stuffed' but my child needs a life at some point and one on benefits helps no-one. What a horrible position to be in. And, as this continues, all her 'bubble', now learning on-line, are cracking up in the prison of their bedrooms. No amount of attempts at parental understanding compensates for normality (remember that?) or the ability to access help with such issues when a GP is a distant memory and mental help consists of 'ring The Samaritans'. Those poor sods are over-loaded too. We operate a 'self-help' group via moi, but what a bloody tragedy. Perhaps we can remember this in the future when some kid goes off the rails for good and we ponder why???

Still, we can lock them up then - they're used to that.

Yours, wearily,

Mavis

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

I loved the passion in your post here Mavis, it shows up the whole hypocrisy of what is currently going on very well. The intention seems to be to get back to a two tier (excuse the pun) society of the haves and have nots. I just wanted to offer you support and solidarity in your time of anguish and hope your child excels in the examination.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Thanks for the poem gary.
Mavis I hope the exam goes well despite the ridiculousness of mask wearing.
I dont think they want a future nation of intelligent free thinkers.it does not suit their agenda. The talk is now after easter schools returning although I had heard September. Disgusting all of it.
I see the destruction every day for children as well as the younger generation and its heartbreaking to witness.
I hold the whole lot who have promoted such destruction in the highest contempt.

Gary

Post by Gary »

I'm afraid this catastrophe is a dream come true for petty officialdom and self-righteous simpletons Mavis. Who needs a police force when your neighbours and the public sector are clamouring to lay the boot in?

Advising students to carry papers to placate the police because they have to justify being abroad is shameful and teaches abject, unquestioning obedience. Mia is quite correct, a generation of critical free-thinkers is the last thing they want. Education has descended to the role of vocational and obedience training. Thinking is not required.

Those lecturers could have chosen to teach students a citizens rights and responsibility in a 21st century western democracy which includes being able to read between the lines. A short lesson on how to deal with the Police if questioned would have been more appropriate.

American Journalist I.F. Stone began his lectures with a simple statement informed by a lifetime of investigative reporting, "Governments Lie." I think, deep down, we know that, we would do well to remember it.

Your reaction to the news that students would be required to wear masks is the only right and proper response for any well adjusted adult: "Get Stuffed" indeed. I wouldn't have been so polite.

Most people accept the government stance on masks but haven't read the regulations. The masks are a political gimmick, a visible and dramatic attempt to be seen to be doing "something", however useless. Alongside spurious "infection rates" and "covid death" statistics, the debate over masks also serves as a useful diversion so people don't question what happened last spring. The upshot is the government killed tens of thousands of people and they've been trying to hide the fact ever since.

It is quite possible comply with the regulations and not wear a mask. There is a non-exhaustive list of exemptions in the Government guidance document, "Face Coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, and how to make your own" including: "where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress" and "people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness".

I would say having my skin crawl and wanting to vomit at the thought of wearing a mask constitutes severe distress and anyone with asthma or claustrophobia or eczema or acne etc etc etc would be covered by the second exemption.

It is worth noting a) "you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of your exemption" and b) "you do not need to show an exemption card."

"You do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering."

"Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law"

In short, if you claim an exemption, nobody has the right to question it and you don't have to prove it. Obviously, that's fine in theory, whether you want to explain it every time you leave the house is another matter. It can be exhausting and, like you Mavis, I'm weary with it all.

I've managed to convince some quite strident mask advocates including a GP surgery, Hospital, Chemists and, recently, a major supermarket. I had to deal with the covid marshal, supervisor and manager at the supermarket but they were courteous and professional and clearly surprised at the information I had to share.

You often hear the argument that shops, as a private enterprise, have the right to refuse service which is true so long as they don't contravene The Equality Act 2010 and demanding proof of exemption and denying entry or service is a contravention of said Act. It might be interesting to look into whether a school or college is covered by the Act?

On a final note, the governments justification for mandating masks is they, "May reduce the spread of caronavirus droplets in certain circumstances." So, they might work, they might not, but you might as well and if you don't wear one we'll make your life a misery. Really? Wear it because we said so even though they're useless. In a Democracy?

I share your distress over the conditions for students Mavis. A formative, exciting and time of life has been displaced with a bleak, mean outlook, I don't envy their memories of this moment in their lives. But, it is a moment, it will pass and, if there's any justice in the world, Johnson, Hancock, Gove, Cummings, Ferguson, Witty, Valance, Starmer and the whole shower of shites responsible for this disaster will be behind bars.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Great post Gary. Truth and power in every single word you wrote. 👍

Mavis

Post by Mavis »

Thank you all so much for your wise words and support.

(Stands on balcony and sings, in white dress, looking fabulous - 'Don't cry me, I'm I'm Not Covid Positive!')

Ahem....we have the college finally grasping that vague utterences of 'Just say NO to the police' won't cut the mustard so they are laying on transport after cutting the buses when no one was allowed in. How are bus drivers managing with reduced wages one wonders?

After contact with the college, citing rules, laws, etc, college worked out that a parent would not allow child to run such a risk!!! After all, if I sent them out there and we were fined, would we not be fined for following college rules, following guidelines etc. A legal nightmare.

They are laying on transport as per the original contract we had.

Child will wear mask, to sit exam, to get results allowing her to participate in society that allowed such...child may pass exam or pass out but at least she never killed the granny she had not got.

Child and I sat on sofa today trying to get through to The Samaritans. There's no one else.

After 30 minutes we gave up.

I expect they are very busy. I wonder why?

Child has been given - whether they like it or not - a good grounding in evidential enquiry and rational thinking including that horror - Your Mum Might Not be Right. I hope they remember. It will have to do.

Mavis

Mibi

Post by Mibi »

Hi Mavis, that's a strong poem. You may want to consider sending it to the Freedom Writing Challenge. See thewhiterose.uk
You can enter poems or short stories until 10 March.

Fudge

Post by Fudge »

Gary - love the poem. Like and Iron fist in a velvet glove.

Mavis - If you want to private message me we could discuss the possibility and practicality of some free 'zoom' (I know) or telephone counselling support. I'm a BACP Registered Psychotherapist with extensive experience of working with young people. I set up and managed a counselling service across primary and secondary schools. No pressure and this isn't a pity rescuing email either. Just standing up offering the skills I've got.