Locked Down North

Victoria Hannam

Locked Down North

Post by Victoria Hannam »

So the madness continues in our smie rural village no one can go to friends for dinner again or sit and have drinks in the garden and why because our politically correct MDC has decided that to be fair the hole of their area should lockdown!! Even though there is no rise in cases this far out in the district!! But sod science let's be fair!! everyone lockdown!!! How the hell will this help

nosafetybehaviours

Re: Locked Down North

Post by nosafetybehaviours »

It's hard to believe this is happening. If you asked the average person a year ago what scenarios they think would justify banning people meeting others in their own houses, what do you think they would say?

And it's not an emergency panicked action any more. This is actually how they want to handle this long term. It feels somehow different now they are bringing restrictions back in. They've had months to plan for this scenario. I despair.

Kevin_Sceptic

Post by Kevin_Sceptic »

This is all being done under the guise of being an "emergency". In my opinion, any emergency has been and gone long ago, and the government should be held accountable for its actions. Actions that any sane person would now regard as unnecessary and unjustified.

If I understand correctly, the aim now is to continue this nonsense until "the virus" is not being transmitted any more. "Zero Covid"? I think it would be as sensible to say "Zero colds and 'flu". Neither are likely to happen, and yet somehow the government seem to think they can control it.

It is worrying to hear people talking about "making sacrifices" to enable schools to go back in September. Presumably that means shutting up shops and pubs again? The implication here is that we only have ourselves to blame if we're "naughty" and let the infections go up again, then children won't be allowed back to school.

It's utter insanity.

Sandalwood

Post by Sandalwood »

Last night I heard on the BBC that by declaring an emergency Manchester has access to additional funds from central government, suddenly it all makes sense!

redbirdpete

Post by redbirdpete »

Sitrep People's Republic of Liverpool, weekend 1/2nd August.

I live in North Wales but regularly visit with a friend in Liverpool. Particularly enjoyable this week as it was the FA Cup final and I'm an Arsenal supporter, having grown up in Essex.

Social distancing has largely vanished, maybe only one in fifty wearing a mask in the streets. Shops empty, the the pubs and restaurants that were open were packed, as was Concert Square. In fact there was a lot of highly social undistancing - that is, cuddling and snogging - going on.

The government seem to be in the situation of someone who won't go outside on a gloriously sunny day because the whether report says it is raining.

Jonathan Smith

Post by Jonathan Smith »

Out on Beech Road in Chorlton, Manchester this weekend was pretty much like any other normal sunny weekend. The bars and restaurants were heaving, the green was awash with pub over spill, the street was like a car park and hardly a mask in evidence. Sorry Mr Burnham, but the people have decided otherwise. You know where you can stick your emergency.

Jimso

Post by Jimso »

Kevin_Sceptic wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:16 am
If I understand correctly, the aim now is to continue this nonsense until "the virus" is not being transmitted any more. "Zero Covid"? I think it would be as sensible to say "Zero colds and 'flu". Neither are likely to happen, and yet somehow the government seem to think they can control it.

Spot on Kevin, up in Scotland we have a woman, Devi Sridhar, who has the ear of 'our Nicola' and who has been preaching 'zero covid' for weeks now (music to the ears of ardent nationalists as they can then all shout for the border to be closed). Now that we've had a few cases in Aberdeen she's slunk back under the table. It's simply an absurd proposition.