Website requests

Ben Shirley

Website requests

Post by Ben Shirley »

I should perhaps e-mail Mr. Young directly with these requests but I'm posting here to seek reassurance that there are other like minds. These are just a couple of things I'd like to see added to the website.

1) Regional groups on the forums. There are a lot of people on here who would like to get behind some kind of organised anti-lockdown movement but, who, for a multitude of reasons, wouldn't want to touch StandUpX with a 10-foot pole. Also, I think a lot of the comments have shown that the lockdown has had a particularly cruel psychological impact on some LS readers and they would appreciate being able to meet with local, like-minded sceptics for the sake of reassurance and emotional support.

Perhaps if a regional forum was started, it might be best to hide it behind a few extra layers of security to deter the trolls who latched onto the dating service.

2) Could we create a searchable database covering all the articles published by Mr. Young in his daily updates, as well as the articles linked to on other sites like Spiked, Off-Guardian, etc., to make information easier to access. For instance, say we want to read some arguments against school closures, we would only have to search for 'school closures' and, behold, there they would be.

Am I thinking along the right lines?

IamRipe

Re: Website requests

Post by IamRipe »

That is actually a good ideas. I would definitely welcome some kind of meet up of like-minded people.

clivepinder

Post by clivepinder »

All very good ideas that would add value. As members of the community we need to remember that running and developing this sort of platform and movement takes time, energy and financial resources. TY and his team all have day jobs and as well. I know they are open to ideas, and they will also need the resources to implement them.

Marialta

Post by Marialta »

Regional meetings are a really good idea- we need to start some local demonstrations that will get media coverage. I am happy to start one in East Sussex.

I feel strongly that the way things are going if we just keep talking and not doing more we will still be wearing masks this time next year. Or maybe gloves and visors too by then:-)

It is an absolute obsession which is affecting our children and grandchildren - my 3 yr old grandson is coming round after his daily ursery indoctrination suggesting we wash everything obsessively and saying he can’t do this or that because “you shouldn’t go out of the ‘bubble‘ at nursery because of “ConaVirus“ (!)
This has got to stop 🙈

lulukyriacou

Post by lulukyriacou »

Ready good ideas I would exorcist love a reference section

Ben Shirley

Post by Ben Shirley »

I see my first wish has been granted, so we can make a start with our regional gatherings. Thank you, clever LS technical people.