Mask-less shopping as the new lunch counter sit-in

cjstephens

Mask-less shopping as the new lunch counter sit-in

Post by cjstephens »

I came across this video of a group of shoppers who appear to have organized a visit to a Trader Joe's in Santa Cruz (for UK readers, Trader Joe's is a small supermarket chain with a loyal, mostly progressive following, think Whole Foods but cheaper, and Santa Cruz is a city in California with a notoriously left-wing campus of the University of California). This group appears to be filming what looks like an organized attempt to shop without masks, selecting items they can pay for easily with exact change. While what they are doing is, I believe, illegal in California, the reaction of the staff to the protest is remarkable (physically blocking the shoppers, hurling insults, calling the police). While I generally don't approve of the sort of protests that inconvenience low-paid workers, the reaction of the store employees makes me reconsider that stance. Worth watching in full:
https://youtu.be/ZzwWUAhXqmA

miahoneybee

Re: Mask-less shopping as the new lunch counter sit-in

Post by miahoneybee »

Yes I saw that. I am glad you managed to put it on here. The masked zombies reactions were shocking to me..divide and conquer the government and cronies agenda...

sorearm

Post by sorearm »

I think it's an excellent idea. We should conduct local shop maskless audits too.

sam s.j.

Post by sam s.j. »

if you know of any other mask less shopping outings i ve been trying to find fellow sceptics to join up . i cannot stand the abhorent masks and the vaccine intimidation wont work for me they might as well give up now

jmc

Post by jmc »

cjstephens wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:52 pm I came across this video of a group of shoppers who appear to have organized a visit to a Trader Joe's in Santa Cruz (for UK readers, Trader Joe's is a small supermarket chain with a loyal, mostly progressive following, think Whole Foods but cheaper, and Santa Cruz is a city in California with a notoriously left-wing campus of the University of California). This group appears to be filming what looks like an organized attempt to shop without masks, selecting items they can pay for easily with exact change. While what they are doing is, I believe, illegal in California, the reaction of the staff to the protest is remarkable (physically blocking the shoppers, hurling insults, calling the police). While I generally don't approve of the sort of protests that inconvenience low-paid workers, the reaction of the store employees makes me reconsider that stance. Worth watching in full:
https://youtu.be/ZzwWUAhXqmA
Santa Cruz is basically Berkeley on the Beach. Knowing Santa Cruz the people not wearing masks were not locals. Looks like a very deliberate act of provocation. Not surprised the staff were so aggressive. There are no group of people less tolerant of dissent or difference of opinion than California Coastal "Progressives". Or as a group such total fervent Covidians.

Santa Cruz has mask fines. Start at $100. But as the streets are full of "homeless" people you can assume that the fines only apply to ordinary white people and asians. The same as in Berkeley. Like almost all "ultra-progressive" cities there are almost no blacks living in Santa Cruz. Maybe 1%. So that's not a problem, mask wise, like it is in other cities.

For contrast just look how the Trader Joes staff looked the other way and did absolutely nothing to stop the active harassment of customers by mostly white BLM mobs in Seattle recently.

Just one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j80tAt9eNc

This has happened multiple times.

Saying all that, the demonstrators probably picked completely the wrong target. They should have tried the stunt at the Whole Foods supermarket. Which was a few blocks away. Thats were the affluent sanctimonious pr*cks who overwhelming support the state lockdown actually shop. TJ's in most places is mostly ordinary shoppers. Trader Joes is owned by Aldi.

Actually, I suspect that Whole Foods supermarket may have had armed security. That would be very much like the sort of thing the Whole Foods would do. The founder of the chain is a very nasty piece of work who made a fortune selling vastly overpriced groceries to affluent gullible and stupid "progressive" types. He saw a great market segment to fleece and he went for it. He then sold the chain at a huge markup to Amazon. Who are a truly nasty piece of work.

So TJ's may have been the softer target in this case.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Thanks jmc
That's why it's so good to hear different perspectives and have open minds..
:D