Exactly when is your breaking point?

hachibunga

Exactly when is your breaking point?

Post by hachibunga »

The goalposts have been moved so many times at this point that for most of us here, we're past the point of being surprised anymore. But that doesn't mean we don't have a breaking point ...

What if they keep getting moved in perpetuity? How long will you put up with this until you "snap"? We all have a breaking point. For many it would simply be accepting life as a defeated and deflated human, totally broken, willing to accept any programming handed down from government.

But for some of us, we'd rather die than live a life of submission. Or possibly something else.

What about you - on what date do you snap, and what does that look like?

Splatt

Re: Exactly when is your breaking point?

Post by Splatt »

Its not a simple case of having enough and getting on with normal life.

Certain things we can ignore yes but things like travel, pubs and so on, even if we decide we want to have them are stopped legally and enforced by police.

I desperately want to get abroad. But no matter how much i snap and want to, i dont have my own plane to do it for example.

Jvr

Post by Jvr »

I think I’ve had a series of mini breaking points. I hated it when my beloved choir had to stop meeting, I hated it when I could no longer meet up with friends, I hated it when masks were made ‘mandatory’ in shops, I hated seeing my husband’s disappointment when his vintage rallies were cancelled, I hated it when I heard of a friend who tried to kill himself because his simple pleasures were no longer allowed, I hated it when I attended a family funeral and couldn’t give my relatives a hug, I hated it when a dear friend was prevented from leaving her home for a year.
But my deepest resentment is for the members of SAGE who have caused so much unnecessary suffering, distress, depression and misery for so many ordinary, innocent people.

Fudge

Post by Fudge »

At times I feel like I’m dissolving and catch myself thinking or behaving in ways I don’t recognise from past. This is liberating at times as it’s like an intense shedding of conditioned learnt thinking/behaviour which no longer serves me whilst at other times startling, particularly new and intense feelings of empathy fatigue. PTSD is an issue and through travel, particularly motorcycle touring I found my release. Being held hostage like we are and I dont care how fancy others try to dress it up or justify it, is at times suffocating. I know I’m not fully dissolved due to my core sense of defiance and refusal to stop thinking, challenging, provoking, my refusal to roll my sleeve up and my refusal to be gaslighted and coerced. I could go on. I was furious with Winston Smith at the end of reading 1984. I hold my fury and hope it continues to fuel my truth and defiance. Time will tell..

rachel.c

Post by rachel.c »

Don't give up hope. It's your life. Stay determined to get it back. Don't let the madness get to you. Easier said than done I know but keep looking for ways to distract yourself and maintain your beliefs and humanity. Life will be different in the UK after reality sets in and the world needs people like us to stay sane.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Great and positive words Rachel.
Yes remember, fellow sceptics, they can never take your mind or your spirit.
Stay strong and united and we will eventually expose and defeat this nonsense.
Remember the people (the demos) own democracy not those temporary charged with its custodianship, and remind all Covid Zealots you know, that the golden rule in prison, as we all currently are, is never ever snitch!!!!

bradw4

Post by bradw4 »

hachibunga wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 am But for some of us, we'd rather die than live a life of submission. Or possibly something else.

What about you - on what date do you snap, and what does that look like?
If I didn't wake up tomorrow, it wouldn't be the worst outcome. Better than facing an eternal statist dystopia. Better than living a life which is no life.

But, until the Reaper visits, I don't see myself submitting to despair. My early scepticism (circa May 2020) gave way to frustration, which soon evolved into contempt. Now I find myself possessed by a white-hot fury. Everything in my life has been put into cold storage.

Fortunately, my family keep me sane. But they, too, have grown restive after a year of public-spirited compliance. They are not political, so I take their choleric frustration as a straw in the wind; a sign of widespread discontent.

Petitioning our representatives will help exert pressure to change things, but political mobilization is also necessary. Voters need a credible anti-lockdown alternative to the major parties.

If Farage can provide that unifying anti-lockdown opposition, he may well convulse the political establishment once again.

FreedomofAssociation

Post by FreedomofAssociation »

When I see how lockdown is messing up my children's lives. I would go to war for my children, I would die for them, just as hopefully any father would. And I am being told all I can do is sit and wait and keep them cooped up while they deteriorate mentally and physically, all for the sake of avoiding a disease that is extremely unlikely to harm any of us. No, I refuse.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Well the leaker Boris announcement is going to push people past breaking point.

Basically lockdown until at least June but some outside stuff allowed in May.

No foreign travel until at least August (which means i cant work so id have been forced out of a job by the government for 18 months by then).

Oh and he reserves the right to cancel all that if theres a "variant".

Nymeria

Post by Nymeria »

Excellent posts, there's a lot of me in all of them. You've saved me a lot of writing!

Some days I think I have reached breaking point; waking up and just before getting out of bed are probably my worst moments, and it's then that I am closest to having a break down. There are also days and nights when it just becomes too much; and I think "if I don't wake up in the morning it will be a relief". But then my anger and frustration spark some life back into me and strengthen my resolve to keep fighting back against these bastards who have caused such pain and misery. So no, I will not bend or accept any of this shit. I will not comply or submit.