Exactly when is your breaking point?

Winston

Re: Exactly when is your breaking point?

Post by Winston »

John Lydon once sang that 'anger is an energy'. My roadmap out of despair is to find my enemy and target them with contempt.

In this case, I believe that COVID-19 was deliberately leaked from a Wuhan Lab by the Chinese Government in order to destabilise the world economy and as a counterstrike against American economic sanctions. Any Chinese civilian deaths from the disease would be considered acceptable collateral damage by the Chinese authorities.

Now that I have identified my enemy, I can also identify collaborators - those such as the recent WHO scientists who immediately denied any possibility of a Lab leak on their recent trip to Wuhan.

I know that these unelected, unaccountable scientists are now the people who wield the real power in the 'free' world by advising our politicians to blindly follow the science...

So having identified my enemies, I wait for a gap in the weather and get on my motorcycle and ride the back roads in a celebration of my own mortality. And stop reading the news reports.

Fudge

Post by Fudge »

Winston

A little ‘Nod’ to the last bit of your post regarding your forthcoming motorbike ride. Yesterday I taxed mine and at the end of the week will launch my own Road Map consisting of a sublime 21 mile stretch often used by the Top Gear presenters.
Enjoy your ride out mate. 🏍

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

The art of war..know your enemies is a good starting point..I hope you both enjoy your bike rides and find your own road maps out of this shite...
:D

FreedomofAssociation

Post by FreedomofAssociation »

But love your enemies; relieve them of their fantasy of power over you; relieve yourself of any sense of being controlled. It is a freecom-making act of mercy.

The motorcycle bit sounds good, too.

rachel.c

Post by rachel.c »

Mike Yeadon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 am May I ask why you think normality is even going to resume?
My own assumption is that it will not, and that this will continue under the nation fails (both the economy & civil society). I think this because of the succession of lies which started with LD1 & continue to be evolved to this very day.
I dearly wish I did not think this, but this is the only explanation I’ve found which accommodates ALL the facts. Any theory which fails to accommodate all the main points is incorrect.
rachel.c wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:11 pm Don't give up hope. It's your life. Stay determined to get it back. Don't let the madness get to you. Easier said than done I know but keep looking for ways to distract yourself and maintain your beliefs and humanity. Life will be different in the UK after reality sets in and the world needs people like us to stay sane.
I agree that there's no returning to how life was a year ago but I won't give up hope of getting back some control over our lives. We have to be prepared for difficult times ahead, both economic and social.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

rachel.c wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 am I agree that there's no returning to how life was a year
Of course there is.

If enough people wanted normal and started doing it, we'd be there by tomorrow.

rachel.c

Post by rachel.c »

Splatt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm
rachel.c wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 am I agree that there's no returning to how life was a year
Of course there is.

Your key words are "if enough people...". Too many are suffering from some form of cognitive dissonance and IMHO it will take a long time for them to recover. Lots of other things have changed, including the rise of "cancel culture" which I believe will take time to overcome, if ever.

theoldkungflu

Post by theoldkungflu »

My breaking point was around end of Jan. However I saw very red on Sunday and was depressed when I saw that Prince Charles took a journey to see his Dad in hospital that we all would be fined £200 for doing. Charles should have been arrested and fined £200, just as we peasents would be.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

rachel.c wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:30 pm Your key words are "if enough people...". Too many are suffering from some form of cognitive dissonance and IMHO it will take a long time for them to recover. Lots of other things have changed, including the rise of "cancel culture" which I believe will take time to overcome, if ever.
So just go and do normal yourself.

Last summer showed there's a huge demand for normal (pubs filled, shops filled, holidays were booked).
Come Easter with minimal cases and minimal deaths public pressure alone will start forcing a normal.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Splatt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm
Of course there is.

Even if enough people decided to start behaving normally again, I fear that we've already gone too far down this ruinous path and the puppet masters can (and almost certainly will) crash the financial systems in a far bigger way than they've ever done before.

I have no idea what any of us can do to prevent that from happening, only to find ways to work around it.