Lockdown 4 is inevitable

Lady Grey

Lockdown 4 is inevitable

Post by Lady Grey »

The Prime Minister has unveiled the roadmap to easing the lockdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html
When I was reading today how the road map works . Lockdown 4 is now inevitable.

The Prime Minister is easing too quickly. Reading the road map each month too many activities will be allowed to happen. This is irresponsible especially as most of the population have not been vaccinated, mutant variants issue

He should have eased the lockdown when all the elderly and clinically vulnerable people were vaccinated. Let healthy people decide for themselves if they want the vaccine or not

Once the restrictions gets eased everyone goes crazy like children in a fun fair. I remember the last time after the first lockdown was lifted everyone is going to pubs, restaurants and holidays etc.

People should enjoy themselves but not overdo it.

The infection rate will go up again and then the scientific advisers will recommend lockdown again. Remember the last time the events which led to second lockdown .

We are relieving the events of last year.

Realising another lockdown is inevitable I am going to enjoy my life. I will visit the museums of my choice, i am going to parks and i an going to live my life.

I wasted being 23 in lockdown i will not have my 20s wasted.

This road map is a trap.

ttenl

Re: Lockdown 4 is inevitable

Post by ttenl »

Winter happened last time. It will happen again this year.

CoronanationStreet

Post by CoronanationStreet »

I was watching the "press conference" but had to stop. I simply couldn't take it anymore. Watching those pompous jobsworths seeking to dictate our lives for months beyond where we are now on the basis of "the variant/the next variant/the future variant of the variant is too dangerous" is no longer credible. In the same breath they praise the vaccine as being a "MIRACLE"...yes UnBalanced actually used the word. It's officially now a cult, and with all cults you can't get out.

I am now of the view that this is no longer about the virus itself (which by the data I have seen recently is well and truly under control) it is about cementing in the UK population's minds the notion of 100% adult vaccination repeated every year, on the threat of exclusion from society for those who would prefer not to have one (that does not include me, I might add, I'm perfectly happy to have one).

In another post, a few days ago, I predicted the fact that the vaccine rollout would be made so wide reaching -not just those over 70, not just those over 60.. but "offered" to everyone of adult age- far beyond what is required to "save the NHS" that the blame for further prevarication on the "easing of restrictions" would be passed to the public, and peer pressure amongst peer groups would become the only indirect pressure required to ensure everyone takes the vaccine. Slowly, every football fan will have it otherwise their season ticket will be wasted, each of the 5 or 6 who meet in the pub on a Friday will wilt under the pressure to have the vaccine.

For Boris Johnson of all people to stand there any talk about the possibility of vaccine certificates for use within the UK, simply to access aspects of "normal life" is frankly fucking sickening. Together with that, the notion that so-called "social" distancing might continue, which he suggested would also be subject to a review is atrocious.

And further lockdowns? Not possible to say there won't be, says Johnson. Hang on a minute - we've been told the lockdown is to "SAVE THE NHS". So what are they doing to prepare the NHS so that it will not need saving every year by ruining every single small business in the country and killing off the hospitality sector for good?

If the vaccines aren't good enough then admit it and spend the money they clearly have (borrowed) to prepare the NHS better for next winter. NOW.

Illimitible

Post by Illimitible »

Chill out and calm down. The infection rate will plummet as the weather warms up.

You’re young and haven’t wasted anything.

Men have gone to war for years and come back to lead a full life, this crap will be over soon.

Good luck!

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Lady Grey wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm The Prime Minister is easing too quickly. Reading the road map each month too many activities will be allowed to happen. This is irresponsible especially as most of the population have not been vaccinated, mutant variants issue
He's glacially slow to the extent its irresponsible.

Once the restrictions gets eased everyone goes crazy like children in a fun fair. I remember the last time after the first lockdown was lifted everyone is going to pubs, restaurants and holidays etc.
Why not? Celebrating release for confinement. It's called "normal"
Thats exactly what they should do. Embrace normal.
The infection rate will go up again and then the scientific advisers will recommend lockdown again. Remember the last time the events which led to second lockdown .
That's going to happen anyway. Its a seasonal endemic virus. Cases will rise again late summer into autumn depending on weather.

The only alternative is to literally never resume normal life. SARs2 isn't going to go away.

jane watson

Post by jane watson »

I thought that post was a joke...

bradw4

Post by bradw4 »

Illimitible wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 pm Men have gone to war for years and come back to lead a full life, this crap will be over soon.
Not wishing to add a further note of pessimism, but a soldier's ability to lead a full life after battle very much depends on the generals in charge. If the strategy is flawed, the soldier is robbed of his future.

If it's possible to draw a comparison between our present plight and the Somme or Crimea, it could be argued that we are witnessing a similarly atrocious standard of generalship.

A once-in-a-century failure of leadership.

For us to conquer the enemy, safetyism, once and for all, Boris will have to be relieved of command.

rachel.c

Post by rachel.c »

Viruses do what viruses do. The Swiss Doctor reminds us we could have a third wave in Europe quite soon. https://swprs.org/what-about-a-third-wave/
Then again we might not but anyone worried should get their Vit D levels checked IMHO.

Illimitible

Post by Illimitible »

My point was people have given more, and her life hasn’t been ruined, it’s a blip.

My dad was called up to fight in North Korea at age 20, got shot in both arms, both legs and got grenade shrapnel in the head. He was alone because the rest of his group were dead and so he got up and walked back to the camp in the south where they put him on the side of a helicopter and pulled him out.

So we need a bit of perspective. People have had it worse, and this will pass.

bradw4 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 am
Illimitible wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 pm Men have gone to war for years and come back to lead a full life, this crap will be over soon.
Not wishing to add a further note of pessimism, but a soldier's ability to lead a full life after battle very much depends on the generals in charge. If the strategy is flawed, the soldier is robbed of his future.

If it's possible to draw a comparison between our present plight and the Somme or Crimea, it could be argued that we are witnessing a similarly atrocious standard of generalship.

A once-in-a-century failure of leadership.

For us to conquer the enemy, safetyism, once and for all, Boris will have to be relieved of command.

Mike Yeadon

Post by Mike Yeadon »

I think we’ll be locked down again in autumn for the entire winter, for no good reason at all.
But let’s not blame lifting last June for subsequent events. We never again reached a public health emergency where hospitals everywhere were simultaneously nearly overwhelmed.
We were told this, but it was never true.
Recall Liverpool was am autumn hotspot but while they were briefly almost overwhelmed, occupancy fell back after a few weeks & that was the end of what might arguably have been a regional or even local public health emergency.
So summer lifting wasn’t the cause. It was purely a resurgences, which were desynchronised in time & place, as expected for a local epidemic phase of the infection.

In terms of what happened in late-Dec / Jan, it still wasn’t a public health emergency. Early on, we had a pulse of demand tracking a few days after vaccination in health & social care workers followed by another in care homes.
Reasons why I regrettably think vaccination played a role in the late-Dec / January peak:
1. Deaths occurred across all age bands except under 18s.
2. The events were synchronised across all parts of the nation.
3. The main peak involved vaccination of a very large number of people which contained the nations most vulnerable people.
4. Sweden and U.K. have tracked each other well, until the late Dec / Jan event.
5. I cannot find a precedent where there were two peaks of excess winter deaths in a single winter, arising from the pathogen.

I badly hope I’m wrong & I’m not making a big deal about this, just laying out what I’ve been seeing.
Lady Grey wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm The Prime Minister has unveiled the roadmap to easing the lockdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html
When I was reading today how the road map works . Lockdown 4 is now inevitable.

The Prime Minister is easing too quickly. Reading the road map each month too many activities will be allowed to happen. This is irresponsible especially as most of the population have not been vaccinated, mutant variants issue

He should have eased the lockdown when all the elderly and clinically vulnerable people were vaccinated. Let healthy people decide for themselves if they want the vaccine or not

We are relieving the events of last year.

Realising another lockdown is inevitable I am going to enjoy my life. I will visit the museums of my choice, i am going to parks and i an going to live my life.

I wasted being 23 in lockdown i will not have my 20s wasted.

This road map is a trap.