Dental Treatment

David Scott

Dental Treatment

Post by David Scott »

Just got this email from my dentist today.
I've highlighted the important bit:
Dear David,

I hope that you are keeping safe and well during this time.

As I am sure you are aware, the Government has imposed restrictions on the dental treatment which we are allowed to carry out, under the NHS, during phase 3 of their road map. We are currently not allowed to carry out any NHS aerosol generating procedure (AGP). This includes procedures which use scalers and highspeed drills i.e fillings and scale and polish treatment.

Following vigorous risk assessment and production of a safe operating procedure, we are able to introduce some private treatment options to any patients wishing to proceed with their treatment. We have enhanced PPE available and have the strictest of hygiene procedures in place.

As we move through Phase 3, we hope to get the go-ahead from the Government and Chief Dental Office to carry out AGPs under the NHS. If you are awaiting treatment under the NHS, we will be in touch with you in due course. In the meantime, should you wish to progress with a private dental treatment, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Any patient requiring urgent dental treatment, should give us a call and we can still refer patients to the local Urgent Dental Care Centre where they are permitted to carry out NHS AGPs.

Yours sincerely,
Jacqui Frederick B.D.S
Group Clinical Director
So I can't get NHS dental treatment but they can do it using private treatment.
Madness.

InfiniteDissent

Re: Dental Treatment

Post by InfiniteDissent »

Reading between the lines, it seems like the actual dentist knows that the rules are bullshit and has no problem with carrying out fillings and the like, but they can't do so under the NHS because of rules handed down from above. The only way they can get around the NHS rules is to do the treatment privately (so you can have your filling but it will cost you £250).