Fishery madness

Gols

Fishery madness

Post by Gols »

Hi all,
First post but had to get this off my chest before the brain bleed stops me typing.
I've had a pretty hard lockdown, Ltd. sole trader etc., working in the North Sea. Contract terminated because of oil price dropping. Not a problem, the summer is the shut downs for platforms, and lots of maintenance happens. Then Boris shuts the world down.
No more offshore work.
Not a problem, I come from Cornwall, so have a few strings to my bow. I'll even throw pasties at tourists if I have to.
Next string is construction, but you couldn't get materials. It's still bad but getting back to normal but the volume of work is not there.
Third string, fishing. The markets have collapsed, but luckily our fishery is from October so maybe it will produce something, not very hopeful as all our fish goes to France, but we will see.
So I decided to refit the fishing boat. Only possible because of some excellent suppliers, and their couriers.
Apart some heavy handed coppers trying it on, it's not gone too bad.
Barring a one off job I've lived off savings for 6 months.
Yesterday IFCA (Inshore shore fisheries and conservation authority, Cornwall) finally came back to work. They turned up, blinking in the sun light in two VW caddy's, one of which is brand new!
As they've been on full pay watching telly, they are now out and about trying to catch up with the real world.
When I asked about the need for two vans I was told, due covid they are not allowed to go two up!
Words fail me.
It's OK for bin men to work together but not these self important middle class kids.
It may seem like a straw that broke a camel's back but I'm livid.
It was such a relief when I happened upon the Sceptics site, as I realised that others felt as I do.
With regards to tourism, pile in, Cornwall needs every penny.
If challenged by some nationalist blow in, ask where his parents, grand parents are from. Most will say if they're honest, Wales, London etc. My local would shut without you.