Why I'm afraid

Wessex One

Re: Why I'm afraid

Post by Wessex One »

fon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:38 pm
Wessex One wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 am
The coming issue is COVID passports. This will prove unworkable. There will be chaos,
The digital identities will work, by hook or by crook. Even if they have to bring back identity cards.
They couldn't even get NHS tracing app to work, think this will work? Wait till Dawn Butler, David Lammy and Clive whatshisface and the human rights lawyers get a look at the massive disparity in access to facilities/services that will skew heavily against their "BAME" wards/constituents/donors/supporters. The Cameroonian Tories are massively sensitive to any accusation of racism and refusal of the jab will LOOK like racism. Starmer may bumble into opposing vaccine passports. He'll oppose it for the wrong reasons (anti-racism against a race-neutral policy) but he'll get support for the right reasons from a lot of non-Labour people (liberals, libertarians, people concerned about human rights and freedom).

In short, yes, they want compliance passports/Nat. IDs but they may find the coalition of opposition too difficult to overcome, plus the Tory government is still ultra-sensitive about being portrayed as "the nasty party". Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and never stop opposing lockdown.

Rudolph Rigger

Post by Rudolph Rigger »

miahoneybee wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 pm Sage and the rest of the cronies are all just a bunch of f..wits ..
Nothing else to say..
I can kind of get why people, even scientists, went a bit lockdown loopy right at the beginning of this pantomime. I mean, they got scared. I get it - irrationality takes over a bit when you're frightened.

But now? The statements and plans and moving goalposts and advice and models coming from our glorious leaders and their holy advisors are just quite bizarre now. Utterly batshit insane. And I'm getting lots of messages from friends who were previously quite supportive of the loopy lockdown mania who are asking me "what the eff is going on?"

It's like some sick and twisted Monty Python show - and definitely not funny.

As someone posted on another forum :
"people don't need a covid test - they need a fucking IQ test"

fon

Post by fon »

heather wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:27 pm
My soul is that eagle. This is not its home. It must never lose its skyward look. We must keep the faith, hope and courage ....we must keep our skyward look!
Eagles have to watch out for bird flu!

huxleypiggles

Post by huxleypiggles »

fon:

let 'em have the rona instead there's a good chap.

Illimitible

Post by Illimitible »

Rudolph Rigger wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:31 am
miahoneybee wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 pm Sage and the rest of the cronies are all just a bunch of f..wits ..
Nothing else to say..
"what the eff is going on?"

It's like some sick and twisted Monty Python show - and definitely not funny.

As someone posted on another forum :
"people don't need a covid test - they need a fucking IQ test"

What’s going on is that they’re petrified to “open” the economy because it’s fucked.

They would love, and I mean LOVE to keep us locked down on some pretext or other.

This is because Retail and the way people used to live has changed now and it won’t be back for a very long time. That’s if it ever does come back.

People are saying “I just want to go to the pub so I got the vaccine”. I’ve got news for them, the pub has gone skint, and even if it hasn’t, it won’t be the experience it used to be.

So it’s harder and harder to keep the fear going, summer will virtually eliminate it what remains of da’pocalypse!! , and as soon as furlough payments end we’ll see the extent of the economic catastrophe. And I do mean catastrophe.

Just as a sole example TfL needs £7BN a month to function. Most of that came from fares, and the bulk of that doesn’t exist anymore. But they’ve still got all that infrastructure, and debt on everything you look at.

So it’s the fall out of re opening that’s worrying them.

They’re petrified of the unrest when everyone sees the true consequences of their decision to shut the country, and it’ll be especially bad if we ever get any proper analytical journalism that properly compares our situation with the few places that didn’t lockdown. - I know proper journalism is a long shot but we live in hope.. lol..

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Yes correctly identified Illimitible.
Full opening up would of course highlight the true damage to society
and economy.
Unemployment will sky rocket once furlough ends.
The aviation industry is devasted, so think of the redundancies among pilots, cabin crew, baggage handlers, and all support staff. Rail companies will need far fewer train drivers and other staff for the morning commute into our major cities, as this will no longer exist. Nobody will be visiting those cities anyway so no need for shop staff, restaurant staff, bus & taxi drivers, tourism staff etc, in those cities.
A year from now we will be witnessing scenes akin to those eloquently described by Steinbeck in 'The Grapes of Wrath', hungry malnourished children, people scrambling round for cheap labour jobs under exploitative bullying employers, heavy handed police and authorities further exploiting the despair, decay and destruction everywhere.
Yet still idiots vote for Johnson, get him OUT!!!!!!

fon

Post by fon »

Wessex One wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:42 am
fon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:38 pm
Wessex One wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 am
The coming issue is COVID passports. This will prove unworkable. There will be chaos,
The digital identities will work, by hook or by crook. Even if they have to bring back identity cards.
They couldn't even get NHS tracing app to work, think this will work?
It already works.It's very trivial. I've had a digital identity for 13 years, from here, the uk national certificate authority. So yes Digital Ids are already a thing.

http://www.ngs.ac.uk/ukca/