Why I'm afraid

funtimes

Re: Why I'm afraid

Post by funtimes »

TheHandbag wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:07 pm I have found great consolation in listening to Eckhart Tolle. It keeps me in the now a bit more securely than any of the psychological abusers running the govt would like me to be.

There’s a great podcast with him and Russell Brand out there. (I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but this has been a year for re-examining everything). Just Google it. I think it’s on YouTube too.
You don't want to be getting too attached to the mainstream secular spiritual stuff that exists, or anything for that matter. Unless it's counter cultural and basically makes the masses shudder and call you crazy (because it really opens their eyes and scares the sh*t out of them) then it's not going to hit the core issues and for that you need more than an audiobook you can download from Amazon. Mindfulness is great but it's utilization in real world problems are useless. It only highlights a very small percentage of the flaws people tend to have in modern society without actually having the balls to point out the problems causing them or even the flaws in those who preach the goodness, and that's because mindfulness as a secular teaching is now a product that generates billions in revenue every year and is protected within the shield of the same toxic system that creates all the problems in the first place. The purpose of mindfulness in the West is largely to make money and then sell people ideas from the East that have been butchered to suit the superficial and empty self-destructive lives of the masses. It's also a pretty toxic self absorbed demographic that aligns their identity with this area of interest, particularly the middle class and beyond whose worldview is based solely on privelege and of having rather than on having very little to anything at all to begin with. You'll get plenty of privleged rich kids teaching you how to meditate and what it all means but none of them are real. They've not been the depths of their own problems and understood their own privilege and how it clouds their ability to actually see the world beyond their own priveleged lens. Most of them wouldn't last a few months in a Thai monestary, or even on their own in the wilderness if they couldn't have their smartphones and whiny self absorbed preppy kid friends with them talking about fancy exotic teas and sitting in the window at Starbucks looking like a world getter.

The nature of Western society and culture is to steal ideas others have, rebrand it and then sell it for yourself for a huge profit. We also take these ideas and philosophies and then throw all our own projections into it while pretending it's still the same thing. All these projections are the projections of our own pathology and of our cultures sickness yet we stamp 'Mindfulness' on the cover and all of a sudden we are saving the world (for our own gain, of course!)

Eckhart Tolle is pretty good and manages to keep lots of personal tendencies and predispositions to identify with the same traps that many other so-called spiritual teachers fall into essentially selling themselves as new and realized beings while not understanding that by doing that they are masking over their narcissistic pathology and all their problems and playing the guru role. You should never trust any one self professed guru or teacher. They all their own agendas. Take the messages they teach and then challenge them and pick them apart and see how they apply to their life. Don't just assume they become part of your identity without doing the work to understand the complexity of what exists beyond the words.

To really get the message being taught in mindfulness and other states of awareness similiar to meditation and spiritual awakening you have to take action in your own life which is contradictory to what the Western model proposes. Just sit still and breath, it says. Just use these trendy apps and listen to these attractive looking audiobooks with unusually well presented people who tend to always be smiling and giving off the typical life coach/wellbeing salesman pitch. While the lifestyle choices you have continue to cause you the problems you'll then later try to meditate away. All the while attempting to amass brownie points and tell you're friends how enlightened you are because you've listened to an audiobook and you've got a meditation app.

Unless it cuts to the core of the problems and unless it creates a monumental shift in consciousness that sets you about understanding why you're in this predicament that makes you want to try and find peace and how you are to blame, it will be superficial. Especially in today's climate people need a serious wake up call in order for them to see how they contribute to their own suffering and consequently how they allow society and culture to make them suffer as well. If anything, detachment from both society and culture is needed in some massive shift in consciousness so to realize most of what you're actually looking for is behind all the bullsh*t and the complexity of who you are as a person. Hours of therapy cannot guarantee you that let alone hours of an audiobook. People go through a lifetime of therapy and not resolve issues. People meditate their entire life and just amass the role of meditator but nothing else. People read books on spirituality but do not connect with the ideas they simply regurgitate them in order to look good and get approval from others.

Western secular spirituality is a business at the end of the day. And it's not a business that will give you the answers to lifes problems. For that you have to do your own work and it involves more than audiobooks. You really need to be launched out of your body and to go out of your mind in order to see what the ego often deliberately through it's own mechanism as a form of survival prevents you from seeing. That's where the treasure is. Not many are doing that or even have the courage to do it because it involves radical changes in your life, perception, lifestyle choices, relationships, goals etc.

Wessex One

Post by Wessex One »

Good post, Dan.

I agree and disagree. I agree that there are NGOs (IMF, UN, WEF), charities and super rich people who are on board with Agenda 2030, the Great Reset etc. I also think that there are governments and corporations which are sympathetic because a) they consider themselves moral enlightened technocratic leaders and b) they like exercising power. However they probably don't understand all the implications and reasoning behind the ideas. Then you have a lower rank of wold leaders and influential politicians who like to be invited to conferences, fly 1st class, get photo ops with Gates and are broadly sympathetic to the idea of coordination and cooperation and "upskilling" etc. but they don't realise how these mechanisms will be used. They are useful idiots who think "Build Back Better" is a warm and inclusive statement of hope. They are opportunistic and they use this crisis for short term gain - monitoring, patronising, directing private business, micromanaging private lives, restricting democracy and suppressing criticism of government as "misinformation".

Basically, don't infer that everyone who says Build Back Better is entirely aware of what is going on. Yes, you are right to be worried but....

WHen these ideals clash with reality, politicians will have to adjust. People largely ignore the rules of social distancing etc. Even those who claim to support and follow the rules break them, finding excuses to infringe them. (Also, they are impossible to follow completely.) Except in a few cases, the police have give up trying to enforce most lockdown rules. They are unenforceable and the police commissioners have tacitly acknowledged this. They don't apply the rules except in a few high profile cases and some misjudgements (the Balham church).

The coming issue is COVID passports. This will prove unworkable. There will be chaos, businesses will find their trade is so slashed that they won't enforce. The racial justice campaigners will call it covid apartheid because fewer ethnic minorities will get the jab. Go into Tooting, Wood Green, MIle End and northern mill towns and you'll find no one willing to enforce it and no police force willing to apply the rules. You'll have businesses petitioning to drop the scheme, large venues will be half empty, the travel industry will lobby to get passports dropped, etc.

So, although you should be concerned, take heart from the fact that both custom and practicality defeated lockdown in practice de facto if not de jure. Lobbying (backed by Tories), cussedness, industry lobbying, race relations campaigners (backed by Lid Dems and Labour) and sheer impracticality - allied to cost - will stymie covid passports but it will take 1-2 years. Encroachment in other areas will continue and should be resisted as they arise.

Good post, Dan.

heather

Post by heather »

For those who feel afraid , especially those age 20-45 i have found a website aimed at offering support, fun, podcasts and a forum with focus on mental health...please share and join if you feel its useful
Www.truthwillout.me

TheEngineer

Post by TheEngineer »

Excellent post. We need to consider that "our" government is nothing of the sort. It is dancing to the tune of the globalists whose declared intent is a massive reduction in world population. Ahead of that government wants absolute control over us so no wonder they want vaccine passports and policies such as the Climate Change Scam which will eventually provide that unless we fightback. Let's also consider that vaccines take years, not a few months, to develop and test.

Boris & Co. are truly the enemy within.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Very true The Engineer, they are the enemy within. I posted something very similar back in about October/November time when people were still trying to claim it was just incompetence.
It is not incompetence it is tyranny. However l am now beginning to lose my fear. If l die fighting this cause, my death was for a just cause. Many French Maqisards died resisting Nazi tyranny, it has regrettably reared its ugly head again, and we must resist it once more.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Exactly the engineer..I have never believed this has been governments incompetence..the evil agenda has been and still is in plain sight..
:cry:

fon

Post by fon »

Wessex One wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 am
The coming issue is COVID passports. This will prove unworkable. There will be chaos,
The digital identities will work, by hook or by crook. Even if they have to bring back identity cards.

JockCovidiot

Post by JockCovidiot »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... warns.html

Papers released by SAGE today show the expert group is confident next week's lockdown-easing measures will not pile pressure on the NHS, even if there is a slight uptick in infections, because of the success of the jab rollout.

But the advisory panel is less optimistic about future stages of the roadmap, adding that it is 'highly likely that there will be a further resurgence in hospitalisations and deaths'.

They said the reopening of pubs, cinemas and indoor hospitality - due to happen on May 17 - could be delayed if vaccine uptake in the under-50s dips below 85 per cent.

Seems like the goalposts are shifting yet again....

Lockdown is not and never has been about a virus!

https://twitter.com/OrthodoxyOrDead/sta ... 72032?s=20

It's all about keeping restrictions in place to force you to take the depopulation jab!

heather

Post by heather »

My loss of ability to be optimistic (will we ever feel care-free again?) , and sense of despair due to lockdowns and controls, but also the ultimate belief that there is a way out of this and a reason to be cheerful are illustrated by the tale below:

One day in autumn, on the open prairies, I saw an eagle mortally wounded by a rifle shot. With his eyes gleaming like small circles of light, he slowly turned his head, giving one last searching and longing look toward the sky. He had often swept those starry spaces with his wonderful wings. The beautiful sky was the home of his heart. It was the eagle's domain. It was there he had displayed his splendid strength a thousand times. In those lofty heights he had played with the lighting and raced the wind. And now, far below his home, the eagle lay dying. He faced death - just once - he forgot and flew too low.

My soul is that eagle. This is not its home. It must never lose its skyward look. We must keep the faith, hope and courage ....we must keep our skyward look!

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

Sage and the rest of the cronies are all just a bunch of f..wits ..
Nothing else to say..