Latest News Fron the BBC ??

thefoostybadger

Re: Latest News Fron the BBC ??

Post by thefoostybadger »

huxleypiggles wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:32 am Teamsaint

thefoostybadger

Fair points chaps.

I religiously stay away from the BBC and not just news programmes. The comment that we should know what the enemy is up to is a fair one but more balanced views can be found elsewhere even in the MSM:
Telegraph, the appalling Times, Mail occasionally but even UnHerd and CapX, both of which are apt to put out some cranky pro Lockdown nonsense at times.

The BBC is utterly stomach churning.
Agree 100% :)

Fingal

Post by Fingal »

Rudolph Rigger wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:01 am You can see how vaccination makes very little sense at all for the under 30's - it certainly isn't for their benefit is it?
Vaccination of the young reduces the risk to all their vulnerable friends and relatives. is that a bad thing?

It makes a very substantial reduction in case numbers possible, which could reduce overall social restrictions and, potentially, reduce the chance of a new variant emerging. Is that a bad thing?

Exactly what tactics the state should imply at a given moment is open to debate. But to argue they shouldn't;t vaccinate the young because individually their risk is low - well, you have missed the point completely.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

No with respect my dear old Fingal, l think it is you who is missing the point.
The long term effects of injecting this substance is completely unknown. There is already evidence it poses serious immediate health dangers particularly to young women, who appear most vulnerable to the blood clotting issue.
Are you seriously proposing we risk the lives of young women to help save a few octogenarians, potentially leaving families motherless on top of the psychological warfare they have suffered over the past year.
You clearly have no clear thought process or heart or both!!!!!

Rudolph Rigger

Post by Rudolph Rigger »

Fingal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:21 pm
Vaccination of the young reduces the risk to all their vulnerable friends and relatives. is that a bad thing?
Perhaps you could quantify that risk for me. If I have been vaccinated and my friends visit bringing their un-vaccinated child to my house. What is my risk of developing serious symptoms of covid?
It makes a very substantial reduction in case numbers possible,
A very substantial reduction? How so? Could you tell me the reduction factor here?
potentially, reduce the chance of a new variant emerging. Is that a bad thing?
New "variants" emerge all the time - very, very few of them are worse than the original - but again perhaps you could quantify the probabilities here. Just so we know the actual risk.
you have missed the point completely.
Silly me - in all the history of vaccination we've never taken them primarily as an individual protective measure have we? No - we've only ever taken them in a selfless act of love to protect our fellows.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

77th brigade ..best tuck yourself away..best not take on people who clearly know their stuff..you could end up with a substantial meal on your face ( scotch egg as suggested by gove) .....
Love it RR..posts always guaranteed to have me in stitches.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Fingal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:21 pm
Thats a bold statement to make given there isn't a shred of peer reviewed data supporting that.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Fingal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:21 pm Exactly what tactics the state should imply at a given moment is open to debate. But to argue they shouldn't;t vaccinate the young because individually their risk is low - well, you have missed the point completely.
We don't force vaccinate under 30s for Flu or any other disease that'll be fine for them but kill an old person if they pass it on.

Also, the oldies have been vaccinated with its claimed near 100% protection against serious illness and death.

Given that, why on earth would you ask a younger person to INCREASE their risk of serious illness and death to "protect" a demographic that's already protected?

Ethically and morally its wrong to demand anyone increase their personal risk of illness or death.

Fingal

Post by Fingal »

Rudolph Rigger wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:34 am
Perhaps you could quantify that risk for me.
It's not possible to quantify the effects of a programme when we have no idea how many people it will reach.

I'm making a point about principle: the pros and cons of vaccinating the young extend beyond the direct covid risk for the individual. This is common to all vaccines.

I'm not necessarily saying we should do it - that's a calculation to be made at the time based on many other factors. But in principle, there's no problem with it and some of the objections here are daft.

Rudolph Rigger

Post by Rudolph Rigger »

Fingal wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:11 am
It's not possible to quantify
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a surprise. Not able to put your money where your mouth is eh?

Just mumble something vague about "risk" and hope we all shit ourselves

You trying to get a position as a government advisor?

:lol: