DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Teebs

DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by Teebs »

Governor De Santis of Florida is a Righteous Dude:

https://youtu.be/D5hQB2dAw84

Hurry up and watch before the covid-censors get to it!
(I already downloaded a copy just in case.)

Nobody

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by Nobody »

If people like this are being censored, then something deeply awry is definitely occurring. In the humanities censoreship is so much a part of the fabric of discrimination that subtends the institutional forms it is not even perceived. It is only because these disciplines have public authority that the institutions behind the pandemic have to occlude that they are subject to this. That is, it is only because the knowledge is consequential, publicly, that they have to be publicly silenced.

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

Nobody wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm If people like this are being censored, then something deeply awry is definitely occurring.
Indeed. The "narrative" must be supported. Even if parts of the world are not following the "narrative" and proving it is wrong, this does not matter.

When Prof Kulldorff says 300 years of a tradition of open scientific debate is being threatened, he is not exaggerating.

The "narrative" is like suppressing any heresy, like Galileo. For covidians, lockdowns work, masks work, vaccine are a must (they have not exactly said why yet - that is a bit fluid - give them time), and, of course, the Earth is flat.

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

And here is the banned video - people watch it and try to find the "evil" and "harmful" content please:

https://banthis.tv/watch?id=606f28b15ee3b310e61c58f6

(Answers on a postcard with emoji)

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

When Prof Kulldorff says 300 years of a tradition of open scientific debate is being threatened, he is not exaggerating.

My point is that many of us, very vulnerable, are subject to far worse under the guise of our education and it has been like this for decades and is completely acceptable. The censoreship is part of the fabric of the production of appropriate people. But the subjects are irrelevant and financed via large numbers of worthless people so nobody cares.
This matters because the areas involved are publicly consequential and the people on these videos are all extraordinarily privileged. Covid has been good if you are a privileged intellectual with a network to produce your visibility.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I am listening to it now and it does beggar belief that this was banned. As I said earlier, when people like these, who are themselves part of the state agencies that produce the legitimacy of the agents in the field of power, then it merely shows that something sinister is occurring within the field of power. It shows a power affecting that field that must be invested in the overall structure of the public sphere. If they are concerned about representations and are acting on media outlets then you realise something sinister is occurring.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

"We've not allowed any punitive measures for these policies. The people who have been fined for any kind of mask order or any kind of social distancing, we've remitted all those through our clemency authority...I think coercive measures I think have failed and I think the proper role for public health is to give people information, to provide some guidance, but ultimately individuals should be able to make their own decision and I don't think it should be compulsory and I don't think certainly it should come under remit of penalty from the state".

It says much that basic liberal principles are suddenly radical.

MikeAustin

Post by MikeAustin »

It is not actually banned on YouTube - yet. I have just watched again at 12:30 on 16th April. I did add to the 'likes' so that could contribute to it being banned.

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am It is not actually banned on YouTube - yet. I have just watched again at 12:30 on 16th April. I did add to the 'likes' so that could contribute to it being banned.
It certainly was banned. I got the "removed" notice and Gov De Santis made a statement attacking Google-YouTube for "censorship".

If it is back up now, then that means they backed down. Can you please post link where it is available?