DeSantis v Google-Youtube

jmc
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 am

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by jmc »

MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am It is not actually banned on YouTube - yet. I have just watched again at 12:30 on 16th April. I did add to the 'likes' so that could contribute to it being banned.
Whats available on youtube (both US and European feed) is the 20 min speech by DeSantis from a local TV station (WCTV) upload not the full 1 hour plus round table. The full video can be found on the TV stations facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/WCTV.tv/videos ... 315703120/

The facebook video shows up in a video search using the US hosted google search page but not in any of the European hosted google search pages.

Thats how big tech censorship works.

User avatar
MikeAustin
Posts: 1036
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by MikeAustin »

Teebs wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 pm
MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am It is not actually banned on YouTube - yet. I have just watched again at 12:30 on 16th April. I did add to the 'likes' so that could contribute to it being banned.
It certainly was banned. I got the "removed" notice and Gov De Santis made a statement attacking Google-YouTube for "censorship".

If it is back up now, then that means they backed down. Can you please post link where it is available?
It is the same link as the OP: https://youtu.be/D5hQB2dAw84
Also the mobile site: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5hQB2dAw ... e=youtu.be

Teebs
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by Teebs »

MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 pm
It is the same link as the OP: https://youtu.be/D5hQB2dAw84
Also the mobile site: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5hQB2dAw ... e=youtu.be
Nope. This is the virtual roundtable Gov De Santis convened to discuss the "censorship" of the earlier roundtable which looks like it remains banned.

That one is available on the banthis.tv link I posted above.

Here is a very good comprehensive interview - just published yesterday - with Gov De Santis about how and why he ended lockdown:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_break ... ssion=true

The fascinating part was how some local governments in some districts were determined to maintain lockdown until he pushed them. In his words "I pried it open".

A man who has the courage to admit mistakes, is one who has the strength for responsibility. Just like Bor... err ... I mean Matt... err ...

jmc
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 am

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by jmc »

MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Teebs wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 pm
MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am It is not actually banned on YouTube - yet. I have just watched again at 12:30 on 16th April. I did add to the 'likes' so that could contribute to it being banned.
It certainly was banned. I got the "removed" notice and Gov De Santis made a statement attacking Google-YouTube for "censorship".

If it is back up now, then that means they backed down. Can you please post link where it is available?
It is the same link as the OP: https://youtu.be/D5hQB2dAw84
Also the mobile site: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5hQB2dAw ... e=youtu.be
Now put the title of the video including the name of the TV company into youtube search, google search etc. The video does not turn up in the first couple of dozen hits. I am very familiar with how googles search ranking algorithm works and how search terms and meta data can be used to push ranking up and down. Very useful for musician friends who use performance video as a publicity tool. I am also very familiar with with both search hiding and online scrubbing techniques.

As far as I can see the link may still be there but all searches looking for it have been very deliberately shaped to hide it.

And here is the story from the TV station that put up that video in the link about the video getting pulled..

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 82e898d718

Most US local newspapers / TV stations now geoblock the UK and Europe because of the EU's GDPR so you have to use a VPN to read the story. In fact, large parts of the world local media has been de facto censored because of GDPR. It gives individuals zero actual privacy protection but gives great leverage to government like the German government to censor all stories they dont like. Which is why in Germany now even a negative story about illegal immigration shared on somewhere like facebook will get you banned without any chance of recourse and hauled off to the local police station for "hate speech". All courtesy of the GDPR.

User avatar
MikeAustin
Posts: 1036
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by MikeAustin »

Teebs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 am
MikeAustin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 pm
It is the same link as the OP: https://youtu.be/D5hQB2dAw84
Also the mobile site: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5hQB2dAw ... e=youtu.be
Nope. This is the virtual roundtable Gov De Santis convened to discuss the "censorship" of the earlier roundtable which looks like it remains banned.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I was addressing the original link from the OP.
Thanks for the direct link to the Epoch Times. This one is a bit more direct.

Teebs
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am

Re: DeSantis v Google-Youtube

Post by Teebs »

jmc wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:09 am
And here is the story from the TV station that put up that video in the link about the video getting pulled..

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 82e898d718
I was finally able to see that with Tor browser.

It is heating up now between De Santis and "the narrative".

Florida is becoming another, new, Sweden. But, whereas Sweden just did its own thing quietly (and continues) against "the narrative", De Santis has put on his boxing gloves.

He should win because all the actual data and facts contradict "the narrative" and which has hardly anything behind it except failed computer models.

There is gathering speculation that he will be a presidential candidate next time so the stakes can only get higher.

I just came back from the Satuday market. Lovely day here (Paris). Open-air fruit, veg, flowers etc. By law everybody is forced to wear a mask. There were a few smiling renegades like me, but one poor woman I saw was wearing THREE masks. There are genuine victims of this hysteria and the mythology around it.

Post Reply