24th April

MikeAustin

24th April

Post by MikeAustin »

As many of us already know, there will be a huge protest by several anti-lockdown groups in central London at 1pm on 24th April.

I am not normally disposed to join large protests like this. The last time (and the first time) I joined a protest, it was against the impending invasion of Iraq. This was the biggest ever peacetime rally in the UK with between 1m and 2m participants.

What is at stake now is even greater. The threat on lives, livelihood, well-being, freedom is approaching that in 1930s Germany. The tyrannical government and their cadre of sinister scientists are forcing us into a totalitarian state through media propaganda. It is time to wake up and hit the streets!

I will be driving up from Bristol, parking in West London and taking the tube from there. I was to be accompanied by one other from Totnes, but she is now unable to come. So I have space available. PM me if you would like a lift.

Occamsrazor

Re: 24th April

Post by Occamsrazor »

I think I'm going to finally put my head above the parapet and get out there. I hope many of us will do the same.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Remind them that the nightmare they have turned life into (already bad enough when you are on benefits without any hope of access to human sociality anyway) prevents many more from attending.

Arch1e

Post by Arch1e »

Been to the last three major ones including last month which was the biggest yet. Not sure I can make this one but for anyone worrying I've been on the train from Bedfordshire each time without a mask and never been challenged. Once there were two coppers on the carriage and they just ignored me.

Police much more restrained last time too and only at the very end was there a little bit of argy bargy so plenty of time to arrive, march and then leave without problems if you are concerned about that. Probably be much easier generally this time too with police occupied with outdoor pubs open etc.

Nymeria

Post by Nymeria »

Yup, I'll be there.

MikeAustin

Post by MikeAustin »

It is also worth reminding people that, on Monday 26 April, MPs will debate the petition “Do not restrict our rights to peaceful protest”.

A summary of the results of the online survey carried out by the Petitions Committee are now available here.

Mibi

Post by Mibi »

MikeAustin wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:37 am
What is at stake now is even greater. The threat on lives, livelihood, well-being, freedom is approaching that in 1930s Germany. The tyrannical government and their cadre of sinister scientists are forcing us into a totalitarian state through media propaganda. It is time to wake up and hit the streets!
Well said, MikeAustin!

I'm going with a few others. Let's hope and pray for a great day.

Sir Gus

Post by Sir Gus »

Remember also; this isn't just about a protest.

As Funtimes has said repeatedly, taking real action in your own life is what you have to do, so if you can find like-minded people to help you (and whom you can help) on such a demo it's doubly worth it.

Many people are finding themselves in a position like this for the first time and are only just waking up to it all.

Meet and mingle!

MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

My wife and a couple of neighbours who've never been on a demo before are coming along. Let's make it a great day. If in doubt come rather than regret it later! Your country needs you!