Long Covid - does it exists?

MattO

Long Covid - does it exists?

Post by MattO »

What are people's opinion of "Long Covid"? Is it a real thing, or just another invisible, unproveable concept that's been invented to scare people?

It certainly sounds like a suspiciously convenient scare tactic:
"See, Covid hardly killed anyone in the end"
"Ah, but you're not taking into account all the damage from Long Covid!"

doobedoobedo

Re: Long Covid - does it exists?

Post by doobedoobedo »

Post viral fatigue is a real thing https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/our-services/a-z ... management it's been re-branded.

Spritof_GFawkes

Post by Spritof_GFawkes »

I reckon it's just post-viral syndrome, which some people suffer from after a viral infections and others don't

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

There's very little to no data supporting it.

We're dealing with a viral infection.
Viral infection often produce things such as post viral fatigue, possibly ME (very very rarely).
Viral infections can also take a few weeks or months to clear up in rare cases.

Nothing called "long covid" stands out as any different from that neither in terms of severity, duration or frequency.

Quite simply we've had 4,500,000 cases so of course some of those will produce some of the above issues, just as other viral infections were.

Its generally being used as a catch-all to describe absolutely anything now. Completely worthless.

The fact that the few studies done of any borderline quality show large numbers of "long covid" sufferers have no biological indications of having ever had covid in the first place says a lot about it.
I'd venture 90%+ of "long covid" symptoms are placebo effect.

MikeAustin

Post by MikeAustin »

MattO wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:10 pm What are people's opinion of "Long Covid"? Is it a real thing, or just another invisible, unproveable concept that's been invented to scare people?

It certainly sounds like a suspiciously convenient scare tactic:
"See, Covid hardly killed anyone in the end"
"Ah, but you're not taking into account all the damage from Long Covid!"
'Long covid' seems like a term to scare. It does little to describe what the damage is, because that could be many things, serious or mild. There are 859,481 adverse reactions to the jabs. Some of those are serious and lasting, but we don't call them 'long jab'. Maybe that's because we don't employ behavioural scientists and propagandists.

GingerNinja

Post by GingerNinja »

To my understanding there's about as much evidence of aliens visiting Earth as there is of Long Covid.

StPiosCafe

Post by StPiosCafe »

GingerNinja wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:42 am To my understanding those who suffer a stroke and brain damage due to covid19 may never recover, hence there is definately such a thing as very long covid.

Stringfellow Hawke

Post by Stringfellow Hawke »

Yes, I've heard the "what about long covid" argument too.

Strangely enough, these people are usually not concerned about "long flu", or in some cases, "really really long flu":

https://www.health.com/condition/flu/fl ... rm-effects

https://journals.lww.com/pidj/Abstract/ ... zed.5.aspx

huxleypiggles

Post by huxleypiggles »

I am not even convinced there is C1984.

It's just bloody 'flu.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

I would say you are about right there Huxleypiggles, I believe there may possibly have been a new virus knocking around in Spring 2020, after that the whole scenario was hijacked by Big Pharma with the intention of turning it into big profits. I am certainly convinced much if not all of the second wave was just a normal flu season, the PCR test cant decipher between separate Rona viruses, so how on earth will we ever know.
Post viral flu symptoms are of course plausible, but then any virus tends to primarily affect the already frail and those with serious metabolic rate disorders, then of course these people will by very nature take longer to recover. Its just like saying frail people have more trips and falls, of course they do, their general degeneration of health weakens their strength, stability and proprioception, hello folks this is called the aging process.
Long Covid is primarily just a tool used by the government to add fuel and scaremongering to the narrative. This scaremongering and psychological warfare has sadly resulted in vast swathes of our populace, just losing all sense of reasoning and rationale?