Long Covid - does it exists?

miahoneybee

Re: Long Covid - does it exists?

Post by miahoneybee »

Long covid = holiday from work.. ..
Long covid?how did they come up with this the it hasn't been around long enough to establish it ?
Long covid like the Indian.. Kent...Yorkshire? Outer mongolia variants..
Long covid...flu dragging on?but wait flu has miraculously disappeared just like dying from old age/natural causes has...
No reported covid now so what are you going to do now doris? 16th wave perhaps?
No reported covid deaths? Still going to pay furlough and get people back to non existent jobs?
Long covid? Long term mask use?lung and respiratory problems from zealous mask wearing?
Lets see what the next bit of the narrative will be..post covid stress/ awakening/ feeling pretty crappy syndrome.....dropping like flies disease...
They make it up as they go along...
:roll:

Theinstaller

Post by Theinstaller »

I did wonder if long covid would become the new undiagnosable back injury for the workshy

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Theinstaller wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:53 pm I did wonder if long covid would become the new undiagnosable back injury for the workshy
Basically its the new back injury or "ME" for the benefit-brigade.

Its so vague literally anyone can claim it, you don't even need to have had covid (as several long-covid studies show).

Jonathan Smith

Post by Jonathan Smith »

First of all post-viral syndromes are well documented. Secondly, full recovery from respiratory infections normally takes around 6 months. Long Covid as a discrete syndrome appeared to early in the narrative to be anything other than conjecture. Symptom lists of Long Covid are so broad and overlap with many other conditions including psychological ones. The idea of long Covid has been picked up and promoted by those with interests in such illnesses - ME/chronic fatigue organisations & 'alternative health' pundits.