The Covid panic as a feedback loop

halfhearted

The Covid panic as a feedback loop

Post by halfhearted »

I'm convinced that in the UK we are now seeing a powerful & sustained signal feedback loop which is creating homeostatic levels of anxiety & existential dread. This produces alternate "tightening" & "easing" in the restrictions depending on events, real or rhetorical.

The feedback loop comprises -
1) Government organs of propaganda & psychological control & the institutions that disseminate these ideas - This is the 1st part of the transmitter.
2) The Media - This is the 2nd part of the transmitter. The media has been desperate to echo every scary warning originating from government & has added its own horror stories, especially concerning outliers which do not conform to the general rule that only the sick/elderly are at risk.
3) The Public - This is the 1st part of the receiver.
4) Broadcast & received public opinion - This is the 2nd part of the receiver & also the signal route back to the transmitter. This comprises government focus groups, opinions & motions expressed by professional organisations/trade unions (doctors, epidemiologists, faith groups, etc), opinion polls, broadcast interviews with members of the public/health workers, media reports concerning individuals with Covid & sharing views of patients & their relatives/friends etc.

The system provides +ve & -ve feedback at different times - if the government senses that people want more "action" they step up the pointless Covid precautions, constrain travel, expand "vaccine roll-out" to include children (at almost zero risk) etc - if people/businesses/community/economic leaders become frustrated with restrictions they ease them slightly. It may seem that the Government is reacting to cases/deaths but I think this is illusory.

Real epidemiological changes are largely ignored - official advisers warn of "a false sense of security" when the vaccines seem to be working - the media focused on outlier cases of young people dying when statistically this is very rare - cause of death is openly manipulated - we were having zero deaths but were still under restrictions until the "variant" appeared .

Mutation could keep the system correcting itself for years to come. New variants cause new peaks in anxiety & calls for "action" although in fact the "variants" are substantially medically the same. This could go on for another 5 years. Its' just a theory.

Speedstick

Re: The Covid panic as a feedback loop

Post by Speedstick »

Sadly it will go on much more than 5 years Half-hearted the government and MSM are loving it, and big business making a fortune out of it.
This will go on a generation at least until some common sense somehow prevails, goodness knows the damage that will be caused to humanity in the meantime, and sadly our children who we should protect the most will actually suffer the most.
It's just disgusting!!!!!!

funtimes

Post by funtimes »

Probably one of the best observations there has been on this forum since its creation. And you are exactly right. A very good way of putting it.

This is what prolonged psychological torture will do to you. You will inevitably lose your mind and what is worse you dont have to show the classical Hollywood lunatic stereotype traits to have lost your mind. You do not need to be crawling the walls to have lost touch with reality. The government are capable of modifying human behaviour in their victims without leaving much of a trace, even to the victims themselves.

What you are seeing is what I call a "soft" torture. No need for pliers, shock pads or a crowbar. No need to have peoples families hauled up in an abandoned warehouse. No need to fire so much as a bullet or drop a bomb. Its all done gently but firmly while sustaining the victim in a bubble much like suspension in time and space while exerting invisible but significant damage and all while leaving very little visible and/or obvious evidence of something brutal and sinister having occured.

All is normal while it is not normal.
Only experts in the areas of control over people, particularly over their minds and with extensive knowledge of the psychology of human behaviour, are capable of pulling it off.

Remarkable. Truly genius but immensely destructive especially when done unethically and on innocent people the world over.

halfhearted

Post by halfhearted »

I don't see a way to break the loop. There is more than one signal path so messages can find multiple ways to get from the transmitter to the receiver and back again, eg. if all the newspapers decided to stop echoing government propaganda then tv/radio/the internet would step up the barrage.

There are also elements that allow for "amplification" of the signal if it weakens. For example, SAGE are systemically Leftist, it's just the orthodox political view of most academics & medical professionals. They are quite likely to "advise" Johnson who they probably see as "Right Wing" to take steps which will actually damage the government politically. They might well see this as justifiable because they basically do not have faith in the Tories. So they persistently tell Johnson "things must be tightened up" knowing full well that a section of the public will hate this. Johnson may be aware that these people could be political enemies but what can he do? He has saddled himself with a huge number of "experts" (have a look at the lists) & cannot get out from under the pile.

I am not paranoid but i can see this persisting for another 5 years simply because I can't see a way for the cycle to stop. More new "variants" will emerge, crises & 3rd waves will develop in other parts of the globe fuelling anxiety & demands for action in the UK.

An external driver is also developing in the shape of the anti-Chinese US/UK geopolitical strategy. The "Blame China" or more properly "Blame the CCP" international campaign has had a sudden ominous surge in the media. It's everywhere. Personally I see NATO at work here. This geopolitical strategy requires that the "pandemic" continues to rage across world & people are made to feel that they have been ATTACKED. You can't argue for the toppling of the CCP if everyone is saying "Well, it's all over now. We can get back to normal!"

Also, while the "pandemic" is in progress the public enquiry cannot take place. Yet another reason for the government to keep the cycle going : stimulus - frighten - tighten - relax : stimulus - frighten - tighten - relax - etc etc

JohnK

Post by JohnK »

halfhearted wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:06 am I don't see a way to break the loop. There is more than one signal path so messages can find multiple ways to get from the transmitter to the receiver and back again, eg. if all the newspapers decided to stop echoing government propaganda then tv/radio/the internet would step up the barrage.

Except that, to continue the metaphor, it might just collapse if the majority lose faith in them. We could be in interesting times then, if governmental services have lost their reputation to a large degree, at the very least.

halfhearted

Post by halfhearted »

JohnK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 am...to continue the metaphor...
I'm not using it as a metaphor. I think the Covid-panic system really is a feedback loop. They have a mysterious ability to take on a life of their own, the signal can grow or shrink without new elements of the system being added or removed & I think that's what we are seeing.

The link with "The Science" or actual medical factors has been broken although there may appear to be some correlation from time to time, in reality the system is reacting to itself.

Go and look at a few mainline London train stations. You'll see a lot of people in pastel coloured hi-viz jackets with lettering on the back such as - Covid Marshal or Here to Help or the name of the station or Security. Sometimes they'll just have the initials of the huge corporation they work for. They do literally nothing. I have read that their contracts run into next year. Why are they there? What real world purpose does this serve? It's being conjured out of some emergency government budget by the feedback loop.

Consider the NHS. It is now in a much WORSE position than it was before the Covid-panic. The waiting lists are at their highest since records began, about 5 million. Why? We PROTECTED it, we SAVED it, some deranged people went out & banged their pots & pans together, it was like "The War" and now it is even more useless than it was before. Try & get a doctor's appointment, try to SPEAK to a doctor. It's the feedback loop blocking the normal functioning of the service.

The public will not lose faith in government institutions because they are being told they are all heroes and they believe it. People who filmed empty hospital wards WERE arrested. The Courts took action against them. They were reviled by "The Free Press". It's the feedback loop turning parts of the system on and other parts off. I find it hard to see how this can end.

fon

Post by fon »

halfhearted wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 am This could go on for another 5 years. Its' just a theory.
And does your theory say advantages this eloborate conjecture gives to the governments of the world or indeed, anybody at all?

Surely, if fear is the goal, it was being obrained by terrorism and so on.Climate change is another great drivet of fear. But was advantage does fear imbue to (say) Mr Johnson or Mr. Hancock?

fon

Post by fon »

halfhearted wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 am I'm convinced that in the UK we are now seeing a powerful & sustained signal feedback loop which is creating homeostatic levels of anxiety & existential dread. This produces alternate "tightening" & "easing" in the restrictions depending on events, real or rhetorical.
Why are you seeking out a complex explanation when a simple one would be better and much more likely? Yours is a very elaborate conjecture, but you have not explained its attractions. What advantages does it provide for govt to act in this manner?

A more economic, hence better explanation is that the restrictions are intended to limit the spread of covid19, which can only spread when people without immunity mingle. And for a while that worked but cases grew again as restrictions were liftes which might be expected.

fon

Post by fon »

halfhearted wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 pm I find it hard to see how this can end.
It will only end when precious, panicky, paranoid people realise they are unimportant, once they are vaccinated. Once vaccinated, they cannot so freely transmit coronavirus. Once they have been vaccinated, there is nothing special about them, they are harmless.

RichardTechnik

Post by RichardTechnik »

fon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:46 pm
halfhearted wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 pm I find it hard to see how this can end.
It will only end when precious, panicky, paranoid people realise they are unimportant, once they are vaccinated. Once vaccinated, they cannot so freely transmit coronavirus. Once they have been vaccinated, there is nothing special about them, they are harmless.
There's an increasing number of reasonably intelligent people, who, against their better judgement in the last few weeks accepted the 'vaccine' for a number of reasons. These range from a mistaken belief that compliance would offer them freedom to travel, that they were coerced into doing the 'right thing' by their doctors or other health professionals spouting the party lie, I mean line. They knew intuitively before I confirmed their suspicions that the 'vaccine' had not, and couldn't have, gone through the proper testing process; had no authorisation and that their age put them at negligible risk from developing covid. One even said she had realised the 'Indian Variant' was conjured up propaganda and lies.
Yet they still went ahead against this better judgement. And know that what's done cannot be undone. And that they have been lied to repeatedly at all levels. I have encountered everything from tears through sullen resignation to ugly murderous rage. Its understandable why Jürgen Korings in Belgium has a 50,000 strong fan club. Those responsible for this manipulation are building a remarkably big pressure cooker here.