I thought vaccines would allow life to go back to normal.

donald

'Imagine being in a constant state of lockdown...

Post by donald »

The BBC News website this morning has this: 'Imagine being in a constant state of lockdown with no internet, no social media and only a few state controlled television channels designed to tell you what the country's leaders what you to hear - this is life in...' Yes, it's about North Korea. But one can easily 'imagine' it's happening in... Was this written by a BBC dissident with this imagination?

Ben Shirley

Re: I thought vaccines would allow life to go back to normal.

Post by Ben Shirley »

[/quote]
Before the pandemic came to the world I was so jealous people...
[/quote]

Quite apart from the vaccine business, I think modern culture has given you a very warped view of success. The exhibits on Love Island are not successful. If they were, they wouldn't feel a need to make a public spectacle of their insecurity, narcissism and vacuity. Sleeping your way around a tropical island is not a good achievement. It is a wholly self-centred activity and I can assure you that, when Love Island exhibits pause to reflect upon their lives, they will find nothing from which to take satisfaction. It's the same for all the other reality television stars - they are simply a kind of prostitute.

I had to look up Yewande the scientist. She's not anything special. According to Heart Radio, all she does is manufacture vaccines for a living, which isn't a remarkable achievement by any means. It's not bad for a 23-year-old, but one only has to learn it by imitation. You or I may not be able to do it right now, but either of us could easily learn it. They even tell me Chris Whitty's a scientist...

Young activists changing the world? Like Greta Thunberg or Sasha Johnson? Thunberg is to global politics what Tony the Tiger is to Frosties and, as for Johnson, look where her sordid lifestyle got her.

A lot of people are only successful on a strictly materialist level. A high income and large house are all very well, but they don't nourish the soul. Boris Johnson and Neil Ferguson have 'succeeded' in that respect despite being abject failures at everything else. A lot of people abandon their principles to join the rat race and become ingratiated into the seedy little masquerade that is 21st-century society (not that this is new phenomenon by any means). It's better to do good and become a tramp than abandon principles and become a 'success'.

Given that you're living through the greatest evil the world has experienced for decades at least, what are you going to do about it? Obviously we can't all be leaders of the resistance, but we can do something. As Mike Austin suggests, I'd recommend meeting like-minded people at your local Stand in the Park, then you'll have a crowd with whom to attend the protest on 26th June.

I don't think I need to go on much more. I'd recommend reading Ecclesiastes. Also, have a listen to Rat Race by the Specials. It's a good song.

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Brilliant post in this thread Miahoneybee, you really sum it up eloquently in just a few sentences here.
Our own government has declared war on all of us, many still stupidly believe that is for their own protection, it is not and never was, and never will be.
This will not be an easy battle for us because the government hold so much power and influence over people's thinking and behaviour, but it is a battle that must be fought. Evil can never be allowed to triumph.
As the Tibetan proverb says 'Better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep'.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The best course would have been to focus on early treatment and make available quality treatment at home and let it affect those who would be affected. The reason this was not done is the real issue here.

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

That's the whole idea..for it all not to make sense...
It's up to you how you play.. comply..follow the rules or ignore them and fight back..
What you define as successful was not reality despite 'the reality shows'...what life was like before was before ..this Is now..
Your decisions in life now are your decisions..
The grubbyment shouldn't even come into it..
They are psychopathic liars so why would you entrust decisions about your life from them..
As suggested and has been suggested before ..stand in the parks ...meeting like minded people..if you are a sceptic meet others..if you are a sheep meet them..either way its what you decide and defining how you see yourself..not how the grubbyment wish to control and define everyone...
No knight in shining armour is coming to rescue us all..its up to us to rescue ourselves...

ScarlettR

Post by ScarlettR »

Oh I want to give you a big hug.

Don't get into who "deserves" to die. Also, no offence, but do you know how many people die every day? My father didn't deserve his death pf a rare disease.

I don't think I deserved my near death with pneumonia and major injury. And I would never have taken anyone's freedom because pneumonia was going round!

After my recovery from pneumonia, I was straight back in the Tube to work while SARS was going round. What else can you do? I'd like to wind back twenty years before we let scientists and medics run riot.

I recommend the Laura Dodsworth "state of fear" book. The comparison of stats vs media may help you a lot.

doobedoobedo

Post by doobedoobedo »

MikeAustin wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:12 pm
Lady Grey wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:15 am I wish someone could hug me and tell me it going to be fine. The pandemic has changed everyone I know. I no longer recognise the people I care about. I have never felt so alone in my life.
Try going to a 'Stand in the Park' on Sunday mornings. There are plenty of hugs and friendly people to engage with. Some groups even have free badges on offer! Have a look here for meeting places.
Thanks, I'd seen some anti-lockdown stickers on bollards but had no idea that this was going on. I'll take a trip down there this week.

Lady Grey

Post by Lady Grey »

ScarlettR wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 am Oh I want to give you a big hug.

Don't get into who "deserves" to die. Also, no offence, but do you know how many people die every day? My father didn't deserve his death pf a rare disease.

I don't think I deserved my near death with pneumonia and major injury. And I would never have taken anyone's freedom because pneumonia was going round!

After my recovery from pneumonia, I was straight back in the Tube to work while SARS was going round. What else can you do? I'd like to wind back twenty years before we let scientists and medics run riot.

I recommend the Laura Dodsworth "state of fear" book. The comparison of stats vs media may help you a lot.
During the lockdown there were stories on the news about the doctors, nurses and people working in the care homes who have died from covid19 after being getting the virus from the people they were looking after.

There was this one story that really got to me. A NHS nurse in her early 30s died from covid19. The nurse was married and had 3 kids. When I first read the story I just thought she had so much live for and had a purpose in life which was to heal.

All I felt was why I am alive. I am too weak for this world and have nothing to live for. I am a single unemployed 24 year old female . I am just an embrassment to my family. My family have NEVER said this the evidence is overwhelming that am I embarrassment.

I have relatives that are getting married and having kids . All university friends are so successful with their lives they have jobs and know living on their own. Every around me is successful with their lives.

I want to kill myself because I have failed to create the perfect life ie career, man who loves you, own apartment, a car and just thriving in a way society expects you thrive.
The lockdown has shown me I have no value to society

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

And the lockdown has shown me to reevaluate my life and my priorities and everything that was false in society and where I want to be...
It's also a reawakrning of a different kind...glass half full ...or a golden opportunity...

Mibi

Post by Mibi »

Hi Lady Grey

Don't give up, stay strong. Yes, they're lying to us! But we can fight back. Don't despair, instead become a freedom warrior and do something. You have the power!

... and you're not alone: https://thewhiterose.uk/