Mask rules and elections

The government response / the cost of the lockdown / public support for the lockdown / previous responses to pandemics / the assault on liberty / etc.
Eaeldred

Mask rules and elections

Post by Eaeldred »

Looking at the legislation for masks here:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/791

I note under 7A it states:

‘Where the relevant place is premises which contain a polling station for an election or referendum which is held in accordance with provision made by or under an Act, the powers in this regulation [enforcement of mask rules] may not be exercised so as to prevent a voter who is otherwise entitled to vote at the polling station in any such election or referendum from doing so.’

Does this mean that although you can be asked to wear a mask at a polling station if you do not they can’t do anything about it? I’m no expert in matters legal or legislative so would be grateful for any advice!

funtimes

Re: Mask rules and elections

Post by funtimes »

Torture. Pure and simple.
Trivial demands attack the small details of peoples lives that hold significant weight over perceptions of themselves and their relationship to others. When you start to pick apart at this you can brainwash the victim into assuming a reality that has been manufactured by the adversary in order to achieve specific goals.

Things like preventing someone from having basic freedoms like expressing themselves in what are trivial ways but important in asserting individuality in public (use of face masks) conditions the victim to believe expression is only acceptable when it is acceptable to the adversary. This behaviour creates conformity and eradicates the perception of self as autonomous and seperate to other. Other being the external world.

Masks are a form of control by dehumanizing the victim and distancing them from others. They also work by hiding critical body language ie facial expression which works also to dehumanize others around them therefore alienating them and compelling them to comply. This is where groupthink comes in and psychology of mobs to mindlessly act in ways that seek to reinforce a shared belief. In this case the shared belief is torture is good and everybody who doesnt like torture is bad. The only way to appease master is to surrender to torture and comply with the demands of master. This in and of itself bypasses the foundations of our individualistic society therefore alienating onlookers even more therefore potentially rendering them more incapable of responding appropriately to the perceived threat.

Trivial demands work wonders. It is the little things people cherish the most. We say that it is the little things that count and we do not say this for no reason. We do because it is true. The personality structure of an individual is not a whole singular part but many different parts that are contrary to popular belief about personality fluid and everchanging. Adjusted people (to coin a term used in psychiatry) tend to have more rigid personalities that remain stable over prolonged periods of time and while this is good in the eyes of psychiatry it does not imply stable means of one whole part. Personality consists of many parts, many constructs that include belief systems, social/cultural conditioning, developmental factors, genetic predispositions, emotional memory etc.

When you can pick apart what makes people tick, something that government have spent a long time learning about, you can condition people to reflect your desired outcome. Victims of domestic abuse know this more than anyone. Take a healthy "normal" individual and throw them into several years of severe domestic violence and it is very likely they have changed. Why is that? You have the abuser essentially brainwashing the victim, the victim capitulating and the desired outcome of the victim assuming the role of whatever the abuser wanting them to become based on the goals the abuser had. Trivial demands are a tactic in domestic violence for unraveling the mental, emotional, physical, spiritual state of the abuser in order to illicit behavioural change that reflects the goals of the abuser.

Behavioural change. Key words here.
Everybody cracks under torture. It isnt a matter of if, it is a matter of when. What determines how you move forward is how you can deal with this kind of deliberately inflicted suffering on levels that will inevitably break you down. There is nothing there for the adversary to take but the idea of self. Self is not concrete anyway. Those who hold self as a universal truth and cling onto "real life" are those who will suffer the most. Look around you and you will see most buckle under the threat of "real life" and "self" being tested very quickly. Those who know nothing can ever become of something that never existed anyway beyond a thin veil of illusion held up by the ego and a certain level of narcissism know just how vulnerable they are. It is in that vulnerability you find the light, as many prisoners of war, survivors of war crimes such as the Nazi concentration camps, war vets and highly esteem soldiers/trained killers will attest to. These people are not sh*t and they often find themselves in situations (or have done) that humbles them to their core, but without that sh*t they find themselves up to the neck in, they find why they are the some of the strongest and rightfully so, the most inspirational people.

Then again, it can all be taken away. Wear your mask. Dont wear your mask. Good boy. Bad boy. Right. Wrong. Kneel before me. You will surrender. You are nothing. By the way, we still want you to vote.

What is beyond all that? Only the extreme limits you can take the human mind and body. Somewhere between all this is freedom, liberation, strength, the power of the human mind. As they say, go to your happy place. Where to next? You decide.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Eaeldred wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 pm
Does this mean that although you can be asked to wear a mask at a polling station if you do not they can’t do anything about it? I’m no expert in matters legal or legislative so would be grateful for any advice!
You just tell them you're medically exempt.

Cheesyrider

Post by Cheesyrider »

It seems to mean that they can't deny you the right to vote because you don't wear a mask. You can be kicked off a train if you're not wearing a mask (unless exempt). If I understand this correctly (I have only read this excerpt, not the whole thing) then it seems to mean that they can't force you to wear a mask or kick you out for not wearing one and prevent you from voting. It would probably be some kind of election criminal offence to prevent other people from voting (I suspect).

MikeAustin

Post by MikeAustin »

Just don't wear the masks - don't comply. Full stop.
If challenged, you can claim exemption on medical grounds or another 'reasonable excuse' and not have to give any more details.
I got on the bus yesterday with a friend the same age (late 60s) without any challenge. At the next stop, three youngsters - late teens, early twenties - got on without masks. Again, no challenge. This is a good sign.
A few weeks ago, I noticed more people on the streets wearing masks, but that has since reduced. I have taken to look mask-wearers in the eyes for a little longer. Try and turn the tide, so that they seem to be the odd ones out.

funtimes

Post by funtimes »

MikeAustin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:16 pm Just don't wear the masks - don't comply. Full stop.
If challenged, you can claim exemption on medical grounds or another 'reasonable excuse' and not have to give any more details.
I got on the bus yesterday with a friend the same age (late 60s) without any challenge. At the next stop, three youngsters - late teens, early twenties - got on without masks. Again, no challenge. This is a good sign.
A few weeks ago, I noticed more people on the streets wearing masks, but that has since reduced. I have taken to look mask-wearers in the eyes for a little longer. Try and turn the tide, so that they seem to be the odd ones out.
The reason why is twofold.
On one hand you have the success of the psy-op and so sufficient amounts of people are brainwashed and desperately compliant. You do not need to do all that much anymore when you have your victim cornered. The damage has already been done
On the other you have pushback behind the scenes by organizations, charities etc throwing up the ever present threat of discrimination. People getting turfed out of shops and the legal implications of this as well as things getting out of control and a real civil war erupting on the streets.

You have to keep the balance. You have the maintain the illusion of freedom so those who are controlled dont get round to realizing they are being controlled.

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

MikeAustin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:16 pm Just don't wear the masks - don't comply. Full stop.
There is a thing called the postal vote, if you really wanted to be solve the problem.
Would have required thinking ahead, though!

Anyway, I suspect you would prefer to do use the opportunity to demonstrate your views.

Freeman Exiled

Post by Freeman Exiled »

You don't need to wear a mask. You dont need to show proof of exemption. If you are distressed about mask wearing in any shape or form, dont wear it. If asked, you have an exemption.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-your-own

When you do not need to wear a face covering
In settings where face coverings are required in England there are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering.

Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances. Some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.

This includes (but is not limited to):

-children under the age of 11 (Public Health England does not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
-people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability

-where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress

-if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
-to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others ‒ including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
-police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public

Exemption cards or badges
Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.[/b]

If you would like to use an exemption card you can use the PDF attachments on this page.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason not to wear a face covering should not be routinely asked to provide any written evidence of this. Written evidence includes exemption cards.

fon

Post by fon »

It means you don'r need a mask to vote.

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

Some people are exempt, no-one needs to prove an exemption. So if you are just awkward about wearing masks, you can use this route.

So go and vote. Wear a mask or not, but if not please have the consideration to give a wide berth to other people.

It is that simple.