Why vaccinate people under 50 years of age?

Treatments and their effectiveness, herd immunity, masks, testing, etc.
Health Seeker

Re: Why vaccinate people under 50 years of age?

Post by Health Seeker »

thinksaboutit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:27 am
The people likely to die are protected. Anyone else infected has about as much chance of getting seriously sick as they do being killed by cows.

Where are your "killed by cows" statistics?
Death by cow is rare, but survivors of cow attacks can suffer with Long Cow Attack. There is a need for much more research into this condition.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Todays cheery AZ news:

https://www.expre]ss.co.uk/news/politics/1426746/AstraZeneca-vaccine-latest-blood-clot-report-MHRA-update-Covid-UK-news

Average age 47 so just as other countries showed, the younger someone is that more that risk increases.
Of the reports of 168 cases, cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST or blood clots in the brain) was reported in 77 cases, and 91 cases had other major thromboembolic events with concurrent thrombocytopenia.

The reporting revealed of the CVST cases, the average age of a person getting a clot was 47 whilst for the other major thromboembolic events the average age is 55.

Overall, rare blood clots occurred in 93 women and 75 men aged between 18 and 93 and one case was reported after a second dose of the vaccine, the regulator said.

Meanwhile, the chances of getting a blood clot from having the vaccine increased from one in 250,000 to one in 126,582, according to the reporting.
So people at no risk of covid at an increasing risk of this as we continue to vaccinate people who don't need it.

Suspect MHRA will very soon restrict it to over 40s (and even then pretend all is well).

Teamsaint

Post by Teamsaint »

I was a bit surprised to see ( in the Mail) that apparently almost 50% of 16-24s have covid antibodies. I can’t see figure for how many have had vaccinations, but it can’t be more than 10% of the group at a guess, meaning that 40% approx have had covid or had prior immunity.
Any wise thoughts?

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

Teamsaint wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:39 pm I was a bit surprised to see ( in the Mail) that apparently almost 50% of 16-24s have covid antibodies. I can’t see figure for how many have had vaccinations, but it can’t be more than 10% of the group at a guess, meaning that 40% approx have had covid or had prior immunity.
Any wise thoughts?
Here is the report from ONS. Actually 46.5% in that age group.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 8april2021

It also shows that 21.1% of this age group is modelled to have 1st vaccine.

Teamsaint

Post by Teamsaint »

Ok, thanks for that. Obviously I underestimated how many of that age group had been vaccinated.

RonaldBaw

-

Post by RonaldBaw »

It costs five times as much as it would do at home and is always average. The only reason they get away with it is that people see it as a mechanism for socializing on the grounds that they cant socialize without a mechanism. The best meals out I have had in the past ten years have been cheap picnics in the outdoors produced for me. Hardly anyone does that now.