NHS guidance does not say most under 65s should have the jab

Treatments and their effectiveness, herd immunity, masks, testing, etc.
CoronanationStreet

Re: NHS guidance does not say most under 65s should have the jab

Post by CoronanationStreet »

Fudge wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 pm Can I just say, as a psychologist & psychotherapist that we’re not all dog 💩 and witnessing the abusive tactics being used is really difficult at times; personally and professionally. We/I take an oath to protect and promote the ‘beneficence’ of our clients and as such with a number of colleagues, at a national level, I/we have written to professional regulatory bodies and Government to object to the psychological abuse being systematically delivered and are/will continue to pursue these charlatans through the Courts.
May I just say "thank you". It's not easy to swim against the tide especially in a professional capacity.

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

Arch1e wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:48 am I got my vaccine invitation letter on Friday. To my surprise, and delight, the guidance does not recommend I need the jab.

I’m 57 and healthy. Truth is I wasn’t taking it anyway but nevertheless I was surprised the official guidance is still only recommending the vaccine for over 65s and those with specific health issues.

I created a quick 4min video if anyone cares to watch. Useful info to combat those pushing for It.

https://youtu.be/gdvKUGGfVHw

Cheers
My letter said nothing like this. Why would they suggest not getting the vaccine?

TheHandbag

Post by TheHandbag »

Fudge wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 pm Can I just say, as a psychologist & psychotherapist that we’re not all dog 💩 and witnessing the abusive tactics being used is really difficult at times; personally and professionally. We/I take an oath to protect and promote the ‘beneficence’ of our clients and as such with a number of colleagues, at a national level, I/we have written to professional regulatory bodies and Government to object to the psychological abuse being systematically delivered and are/will continue to pursue these charlatans through the Courts.
Thank you.

Arch1e

Post by Arch1e »

My letter said nothing like this. Why would they suggest not getting the vaccine?
Have you watched the video? In it I am reading directly from the guidance and showing it on screen.

Make up your own mind on why. All I can tell you is the guidance clearly states over 65s and those on the list of conditions are the people who should take it.

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

Post a link to the guidance document.

An unqualified post on social media does not qualify as reliable information.

Arch1e

Post by Arch1e »

Seriously? :roll:

You can see me holding the document! Its a six page printed booklet. can assure you I didn’t go to the cost of printing out a booklet just to tell a lie.

Watch the video and come back to me.

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

Found the guide:

You are reading from this section about increased risk.

A careless line "you should have the vaccine if you are" should not be interpreted as there is no risk for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... der-adults

Are you at increased risk from COVID-19 infection?

Coronavirus can affect anyone. If you are an older adult and have a long-term health condition, COVID-19 can be very serious and in some cases fatal.

You should have the COVID-19 vaccine if you are:

an adult living or working in a care home for the elderly
a frontline healthcare worker
a frontline social care worker
a carer working in domiciliary care looking after older adults
aged 65 years and over
younger adults with long-term clinical conditions (see conditions below)
The vaccine will also be offered to adults with conditions such as:

a blood cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
diabetes
dementia
a heart problem
a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
a kidney disease
a liver disease
lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis
have had an organ transplant
had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
a neurological or muscle wasting condition
a severe or profound learning disability
a problem with your spleen, example sickle cell disease, or having had your spleen removed
are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
are severely mentally ill
All people who are in the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable group will be eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Whether you are offered the vaccine may depend on the severity of your condition. Your GP can advise on whether you are eligible.

Arch1e

Post by Arch1e »

Not careless at all. That is exactly what I said. I never said there was no risk. I was pointing out that the guidance only advises who SHOULD have the vaccine. Exactly what you have copied and pasted.

The government seem to have moved on from vaccinating the vulnerable at risk to everyone.

It’s a pretty simple statement. If you aren’t in those high risk groups but want it - go ahead. But the official guidance you yourself have quoted does not say you SHOULD have it.

I’m not.

huxleypiggles

Post by huxleypiggles »

I have had the letter "inviting" me to make an appointment for the jab.

Ten days later, yesterday, I received a 'phone call which I ignored, today I had another 'phone call which I fortunately missed and subsequently a voicemail message which stated that the lady would be in contact "in the next few days" - rather a threatening undertone - to discuss my "arrangements" for the "vaccine."

I haven't got any arrangements for the vaccine. End of.

jmc

Post by jmc »

Arch1e wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:19 am Not careless at all. That is exactly what I said. I never said there was no risk. I was pointing out that the guidance only advises who SHOULD have the vaccine. Exactly what you have copied and pasted.

The government seem to have moved on from vaccinating the vulnerable at risk to everyone.

It’s a pretty simple statement. If you aren’t in those high risk groups but want it - go ahead. But the official guidance you yourself have quoted does not say you SHOULD have it.

I’m not.
That poster regularly posts irrelevant or misleading information. He is quoting from a completely different guide. For old high risk people. His mistakes look intentional by this stage.

The booklet you quoted from is for adults in normal health. It can be found online in a whole bunch of different formats. Your quotations and interpretations are completely correct.

If you are an adult under 65 your probability of serious illness from a SARs CoV 2 infection is basically nil. Your probability of an adverse reaction to the vaccine is low but not nil. About 1 in 10,000 serious, 1 in 40,000 fatal. This is not a flu shot or a tetanus shot. Where the risks are of the order of 1 in 500,000 to 1,500,000. This is an experimental vaccine which has gone through none of the multi year clinical trials. There are now several hundred adverse reaction deaths related to this vaccine in the UK, well over one thousand in the US. And that is only after 4 months.

So if in the very low risk, no risk population which you seem to be then best not to take it if given a choice. Let others be the clinical guinea-pigs if they so chose.