Vaccination

misslawbore

Vaccination

Post by misslawbore »

I am being pressured to have the vax from all sides: GP, relatives and friends. Please offer moral support

MikeAustin

Re: Vaccination

Post by MikeAustin »

misslawbore wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:22 pm I am being pressured to have the vax from all sides: GP, relatives and friends. Please offer moral support
Just say no. Don't argue. Don't engage. It will only make all of you more anxious.

RichardTechnik

Post by RichardTechnik »

In terms of moral support, the best thing I can say is the decision to be vaccinated is yours and yours alone. Not the GP or your family or friends and especially your workplace colleagues - considering
A) the vaccine efficacy and whether it might protect you against covid or reduce seriousness of symptoms should you even contract covid - which depends on your personal risk - whether you are sheltering and avoiding going outside your home,
vs
B) the risk of adverse reaction in the short term and in the long term. In the short term here there are to the European EudraVigilance Database which records adverse reaction events. In the long term no-one has any real idea , yet.
Hope this helps; there are knowledgeable people on both sides of the factual, as opposed to the hysterical and emotive, debate

thinksaboutit

Post by thinksaboutit »

misslawbore wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:22 pm I am being pressured to have the vax from all sides: GP, relatives and friends. Please offer moral support
Look into the benefits and risks of taking the vaccine by reading credible publications such as the papers on the vaccine trials, if you want to make an informed decision.

I hope you want to make an informed decision.

doobedoobedo

Post by doobedoobedo »

It is your life, your body, and your choice to make.

fon

Post by fon »

What sort of moral support do your GP, relatives and friends need?

jmc

Post by jmc »

The best way of dealing with this kind of pressure is deflection. To buy time. Just keep deferring until the pressure goes away. Which it will.

First, if they believe that getting vaccinated will protect them against getting a SARs CoV 2 infection then it should not matter to them whether you are vaccinated or not. If you are unvaccinated you should be of no risk to them. After all, they are now "protected" by the vaccine. The vaccine either provide protection against infection or it does not. Otherwise there is no medical logic behind mass vaccination. Only those with high probability of exposure should be vaccinated if the vaccine does not provide general protection against infection.

Second, do you any medical condition no matter how slight that can be used as an excuse to defer a decision? Any kind of allergy or immune-system problems would be best. In fact anything that can be used as an argument to defer a decision. Anything that can be used to support the argument that you would rather wait a while. After all if the vaccine works so well then it does not really matter whether if you personally are in the first tens per cent or the last ten per cent of the population that gets vaccinated. Same overall effect. So why the big rush. If others want to get vaccinated that's fine by you but you would be happier to wait a little while.

A lot of people need the psychological reassurance in the current climate of mass hysteria of getting vaccinated. Perfectly understandable. Thats their personal decision. Which I will respect. So why it is too much to ask for these people to respect your decision to wait a little while.

As I said, if the vaccine works as promised by the government your actions to defer a decision will not be putting any of them in any medical risk. So why the big rush.

So deflect, defer and buy time. The pressure will go away. Sooner or later. It always does.

sunjor

Post by sunjor »

Support offered, I too feel I am being bullied into it, have actually had my letter but tore it up and put it in the bin whilst blithely evading the question when asked by friends.

I have been a bit conflicted but the more I read the more I am going to resist, I am healthy with no underlying health conditions and don't live with anyone with underlying health conditions either. If they bring a "Covid passport" in I may have to reconsider it but I won't be travelling overseas this year so that will be an issue for the future.

Stay strong.

Splatt

Post by Splatt »

Just look at *independent* data to decide if you want it or not and make your mind up.

But don't base that on just random internet yelling. Look for proper, official sources.

Then make your mind up.

If you can justify your decision, no "moral support" is required.

sorearm

Post by sorearm »

Just tell them to mind their own business, they have no right to dictate any medical treatment for someone capable of making an informed decision.

You will make an informed decision based on the available evidence and to leave it at that.

If people insist on trying to bully, railroad you just ghost them.

Your body your choice.