Silly Sanity

Teebs

Silly Sanity

Post by Teebs »

To maintain focus and sanity by diversifying discussion, I advocate that it is incorrect to have "forums" on this website and these should correctly be "fora".

The medical principles of Galen and and Hippocrates (Greek) and Avicena (Persian/Arabic) are being shredded by the Covidians, but at least we can have proper Latin!

Just like "stadiums" should be "stadia" and "masks" should be "no".

fon

Re: Silly Sanity

Post by fon »

Teebs wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm To maintain focus and sanity by diversifying discussion, I advocate that it is incorrect to have "forums" on this website and these should correctly be "fora".
The rot started when Shirley William scrapped the Grammar schools.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-obituary

It does no good to malign the dead. But it does no good to praise them, either. I'll conclude with the only scrap of Latin I remember from my Grammar school days, if it's flaky, suck it up, please translate it for the Plebs, Teebs:

Porto, Portas, Portat, Portamus, portatis, Portant

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

fon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:42 pm I'll conclude with the only scrap of Latin I remember from my Grammar school days, if it's flaky, suck it up, please translate it for the Plebs, Teebs:

All I can see from the above are the first four letters, common to each word, and which bring up fond memories and a warm desire.

But lockdown policy can perhaps be well described in the words of Juvenal:

Panem et circenses

Which I think roughly translates as "furlough and masks".

fon

Post by fon »

Teebs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 am
fon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:42 pm I'll conclude with the only scrap of Latin I remember from my Grammar school days, if it's flaky, suck it up, please translate it for the Plebs, Teebs:

All I can see from the above are the first four letters, common to each word, and which bring up fond memories and a warm desire.

But lockdown policy can perhaps be well described in the words of Juvenal:

Panem et circenses

Which I think roughly translates as "furlough and masks".
near enough. No need to reach for the dictionary for that, pan is bread in half a dozen languages. bread and circuses, furlough and masks, a canis et asinus theatrum.

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

image(9).jpg
image(9).jpg (99.54 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Teebs

Post by Teebs »

20210506_093105.jpg
20210506_093105.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 202 times

miahoneybee

Post by miahoneybee »

I have seen that before teens but still like it..
Many sheep and of course the 77th brigade on here will find some explanation of the unmasked walking miracles ..
😉

Speedstick

Post by Speedstick »

Yes and l must be Superman as l don't wear a mask shopping in Leicester, the MSM's (Shock Horror) Leper City of them all. Never use hand sanitizer, never social distance, see friends (the few l have left) when l like if l like.

I must be truly invincible, perhaps l should donate myself to medical science.
Or perhaps l just wise enough to see this whole thing was the scam of all scams right from the very start, and needs to be called out as so at every available opportunity and the perpetrators brought to summary justice along with their collaborators.